Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What would be the best tires for the Southern Ontario Climate? I live around Toronto, Ontario, Canada.

I bought my Scoot with Avon Stryke Tires on it.

I have found the rear tire has worn a lot in the 2.5 months, I have owned the Scoot. Apparently, they were new last summer, but they are wearing fast.

I have a 2006 400 Type S model.

Thanks to all.

·
Registered
52 Posts
I run the Bridgestone Hoops that came on the bike originally. I have 39,458 miles on the scoot and I am on the second front tire and the third rear. I got 20,000+ miles out of the front and 15,000+ on the rear. I probably ride faster than most on the site, but what I don't do is accelerate hard from a stoplight and I don't let the air get low in the tires, both kill tires.
So how do yours compare for mileage? I scrape the center stand in turns occasionally, so I know the tires stick well in the turns. All in all, they do everything I ask of them. I really wish I could get more miles out of them though!

·
Registered
1,479 Posts
I also own a 2006 400 S. I only have a little over 2000 miles so far{bought it last june with less than 600 on it}. I will watch this to see what you all suggest as I am interested to find out what tires work best.

·
Registered
1,034 Posts
I love my Michelin City Grips. They have lasted extremely well. I always keep up on the air pressure. I rode a few hundred miles up, down, and around mountains in the rain and they handled it perfectly. Hardly any wear on them after 8+ thousand miles.

·
Premium Member
6,179 Posts
Best tires is like asking best oil. You'll get as many answers as there are tires. ;)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts