Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 20 of 60 Posts

·
Premium Member
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited by Moderator)
Hello, to all the fine Burgman riders out there, I just wanted to post a GREAT Review of my Re-Done, New seat that I had done from a fellow member Mr. Cary Vincent from Burgmanbrothers.com, I had him re-do my seat with new material and new padding and what a world of great joy it is to ride now So -SO much better then the stock seat that come with these burgman's, I am poating a few pictures of the completed seat and one picture of cary himself standing by his travel cart his good father made for him. The man has a very wide selection of material's to choose from but if you just want new padding put on and your stock cover put back on that can be done as well.
, I can not give this man and his team prase enough, My fellow burgman friends are now really jealous,So if you are tired of getting rump roast after riding a few hours and have tried different seat cushions then give this man a call or send an e-mail to his web site he will get back to you, He will call you and get so much info as to your riding condition, I.E. Height, Weight, Ext. it is truly a custom design, just for you which is what I wanted. any ways I now have a Great Seat in My house, And I want to thank him again for his time and work into helping us Burgman riders out. Thank you Cary , Ray (aka) Zackman

Attachments

·
Premium Member
110 Posts
+1

Cary replaced the padding in my 650 seat and my wife's 400 seat last night while we were at the Mid-Atlantic Scooter Rally. The test came today on the 5-hour drive home to West Virginia, and WOW, what a difference it made!! No more acking tail bone! :cheers: I am truly amazed at the difference. I can't believe the distance we can cover and the time we are now able to spend in the saddle without stopping to rest our back sides.

The product is great and the service is outstanding! I highly recommend him to anyone looking for a more comfortable seat on their Burgman! :thumbup:

·
Registered
297 Posts
Looking to get my saddle customized over the winter. What is the average cost from this guy? I've looked at "Day-long" seats and like their ideas, but at $500+ for the whole seat, it's a little steep.

·
Registered
1,671 Posts
Depending on where you live (shipping cost), seat covers start at $125, Seat padding is $125 or $150 depending on how much you want. Also can do the Isuzu headrest, executive backrest, Jac Vinson backrest pad. Check out my website. email me with any questions. This week I am working nights so my phone will probably be off. My flikr account also has pictures of many of the seats I have sent out.

The one Zackman got is $300. Its a Faux Leather and has the executive backrest to match. The seat has 1/2 inch of padding added and he said he actually sets slightly lower overall.

BigJake just got the padding done, which was the same as Zackman's, for $125. You would not know it looking at the seat.

·
Premium Member
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hello, I agree with Bakeisback My seat is lower but I am a tall man This man can set you up with what ever you need and His prices are very good and a Whole lot cheaper then daylong seat, Not that there a bad seat they just cost money and into days world saving money is the game, but I wanted some comfort as well a different look so I went with the in between route you might say, got the inside cushion done just the way I wanted it and went with a new type of material to give my bike a better look. you can always have him use your stock cover; that is the cheaper route and nothing wrong with that :thumbup:, I am very please with what I have a few days ago when the weather here was real nice some friends and I went for a Very long ride at least 6 hours and I felt Great my friends were not that great one had my old sheep skin pads the other had an airhalk pad both are good but your still seating on something that can move around on you, I didn't want that any more that's why I had my seat Re-done, and I am telling all that without this being done there was no way I could of done a 6 hour ride in the past, the best I was able to do in on my scoot was 2 to 3 hours and I was sore after that for at least a day, Now I got back from that ride and not a bit of a problem. Go to the Mans web site Burgmanseats.com and check out the pictures and the Videos, and the other members on here and the views as well you will see we aren't making any thing up. Hope this info well be helpful to all if any one has any questions you would like to ask me feel free to ask away, Thanks and Happy Trails, :) Zack

·
Registered
297 Posts
OK . . . I'm convinced. I'll be contacting him when I'm ready to change my saddle. I'll probably just re-use the stock covering material. What would be REALLY cool, since Cincinnati is about 4.5 hours from me, is if I could ride down there on a Friday afternoon, give him my saddle, have him make the modifications, and ride back on Saturday. Not sure how long it takes for him to work his magic. Probably, more realistically, I'll have to ship it to him and have him ship it back. But with shipping costs, it might be cheaper to deliver it to him and them come back and pick it up when it's done.

I currently use a Roho Airhawk pad, but I'd be happy to not have to use it. Besides, I'm short, and having the seat lowered so that I sit below the windshield should make for a quieter ride.

·
Registered
567 Posts
From the pictures it doesn't look like the shape of the seat has changed. So it probably doesn't provide more support than the stock one. Was it just the padding material that was changed?

·
Premium Member
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
To: alexrider, I am not for sure if your asking me your question, But I'll give my feed back on it, the seat looks the same BUT when you seat on it you can really feel your self sink into it, I have friends who are bigger then me and I am 6 foot 2 inches tall and weigh about 280 lbs and when I sit on my seat it really conforms to your shape, Now my friends, one is about 6foot 5inches tall and weigh close to 325 lbs and his statement was; It is the softest seat he has every sat on, I let him take my bike for a ride for over an hour the other day and he came back with the biggest grin on his face :D , he is now thinging about trading in his Kaw. classic bike for a scooter like mine a 650 Exec.just so he can have the seat, now that was a laugh :lol: because in knowing him he loves his Kaw. which is a nice bike just not what I wanted. but I think his Wife will have the finial say. :lol:, any way in looking at my seat all of my friends have said the same thing; other then the color they don't see any difference Untill they set on my scoot. that's when you can tell the difference if I can I get a couple of pic. on here before setting and while setting I thing you'll see the difference, Any ways I came across Burgmanseats from members here on this form who have had there's done and after back and forth e-mails and watching some Vid.s on youtube where some had theres done I went for what I wanted. I don't really know the man who does these re-done seats but in my opion it is well worth it even if you re-use the stock seat cover it is really well worth it, Just My Honest Thoughts. :thumbup: Ride safe and Happy trails. Zack

·
Registered
1,671 Posts
Alexrider,

I try not to change the shape of the seat. While I would like to be all original, it would be all expensive as well (new seat pan, foam machine, seat covers). I just improve what is already there. On my website I even have a DIY page for Burgman seats. While you may think it will not make a big difference by changing some of the foam, it really does. On a stock seat, I am good for about 30 minutes. As for Zach, it was the fact I had ridden 400 miles to meet him and I was ready to ride some more. I don't promise miracles, just a better ride. I do offer the chance to come by and try a seat out and go for a ride. If I am going your way I am always willing to stop by and show you what I have. For some you can get some better padding for $125, for some its a chance to make it stand out. In fact, Sunday evening at 7pm, one of the members called me on his way back from DC and wanted to see what I had. He arrived at 11pm, talked till 1:30pm and bought the seat I rode back from the rally on. Tomorrow a gentleman is riding down from Ft. Wayne to check one out. I had 2 seats to try, but one sold Sunday nite. Now I am riding a stock seat again and it sucks.... If you tell me your location, I might be able to gell you where one of my seats are... I got 3 in Illinois(joliet, effingham, & shelbyville). If you have any questions, you can call, email, text. It only matters that you enjoy your ride. In fact, I should be going up to NW Indiana in the next few weeks to deliver a seat, if your close by maybe we could meet up.

·
Registered
154 Posts
Allow me to pile on....I just finished an install of one of Cary's covers. Couldn't be more pleased. He was a pleasure to work with and I would recommend his product to anyone.

I told him that I don't use the driver backrest and asked if the cover could be made without the holes. He shipped both the passenger backrest and the driver backrest (in case I want to sell the bike and have all of the parts, etc.) already covered. I just had to remove seat from the bike and then remove the older seat cover. Then simply (well, that's a relative term), staple on the new one. Great evening project and I love the results. I added a bit of padding where the backrest normally enters the seat.

Alan

·
Registered
1,468 Posts
That's one nice looking seat.

·
Registered
1,671 Posts
wow, looks really good. You chose a good color scheme for the bike.

·
Premium Member
4,516 Posts
I think that Cary has pictures of the seat
he rebuilt for me on his picture site...
great workmanship, & great comfort.

·
Registered
1,468 Posts
It's for usually done comfort. Only you know if you need to bother.;)

·
Registered
154 Posts
I did mine for style:D:D

late,
Coz

·
Registered
1,671 Posts
You are only hearing from those that do not find it comfortable or just want a new look. You just have to ride it and see how it feels for you personally.

·
Registered
2,810 Posts
Here is what I would like to know and any one who has one of these seats including Cary of course please chime in . See pic "Anatomy of the hips"

Right now I am looking at doing several of my larger scooters , a Silverwing , a 650 Burg and a Tmax . My question and concern at the moment is for the Silverwing . While the Silverwing has what I feel is plenty of padding , albeit FIRM padding it's not in the right places . If you look at the diagram the problem I am having with the Silverwing seat (park bench) is in the Inferior Pubic Ramus or your butt bones area . When I sit on the seat I can feel all of my weight directly on top of those two bones , much more than on the 650 Burgman whose seat is basically the same shape and size . What I have found is for comfort one's weight must be well distributed over the seat NOT directly over the Inferior Pubic Ramus . I think this my be the reason the Russell Day Long seat performs as well as people say GOOD WEIGHT DISTRIBUTION . In my experimenting what I've learned is the better you can distribute your bodies weight from your rump to your back the more comfortable you are over time .

So far the utopia back rest works for me , so right now I'm looking to do the Silverwing seat with no butt stop and a Utopia type back rest .

So here is the question , how does the Cary Vincent seat stack up in this department , and for Cary how is this accomplished on a flat seat ?

TheReaper!

·
Registered
1,671 Posts
Basically I cut down the seat some, place on a thin gel pad and some dense memory foam. Not sure how all of it works together, but for those who enjoy what I do, it allows them to place the pressure more evenly taking some off of the hip bones and the tail bone. The heavier you are the less effective it is.

It is hard to say what you will find comfortable without trying it out.

·
Registered
2,810 Posts
Basically I cut down the seat some, place on a thin gel pad and some dense memory foam. Not sure how all of it works together, but for those who enjoy what I do, it allows them to place the pressure more evenly taking some off of the hip bones and the tail bone. The heavier you are the less effective it is.

It is hard to say what you will find comfortable without trying it out.
It seams your seat gets as good a reviews as any , so I am going to have to find some one who has one and try it out . OR let me know if and when you get north on your travels , my sister lives in Toledo and would love to see me so maybe I can kill two birds with one trip ?

TheReaper!

1 - 20 of 60 Posts