Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What route in the Illinois area would you say is the most fun or relaxing? Maybe a nice viewing ride, etc.

Just looking for a fun ride in the next couple of days. I would be returning home same day as I am riding alone, the wife is working. I had a couple days to take and thought around the Holiday weekend would be good but the kids are back in school and my wife is working so want to spend a few hours cruising. I haven't had a chance to travel much out of the area since I bought the 400.

Any suggestions?

·
Registered
427 Posts
I would stay off the interstates of course. The driving experience is even worse on them than in Indiana, which is saying a lot. RED NECK HECK.

I would shoot for rural country roads in the South East

·
Registered
297 Posts
Any route that takes you AWAY from Chicago!

·
Registered
24 Posts
One that I used this summer as part of a longer ride was Illinois 2 from south of Rockford to Dixon. It is relatively lightly traveled and is close to the Rock River much of the time. One of the highlights of the ride is the giant concrete statue of the Indian on the east side of the river at Oregon.

One of the nice things is that it is fairly close to where you live.

George

·
Registered
12 Posts
Ride the Illinois side River Road thru Galena. Ride north of Galena to Cassville. Take the Ferry over to the Iowa side. Take the Iowa River Road to Dubuque. Cross back to Ill and head home.:thumbup:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts