Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 20 of 54 Posts

·
Registered
724 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The Burg 650 has good fairing protection. It rained 1" here today while I was on my 650.
I think all I needed was a good rain jacket which of course I haven't bought yet.

·
Registered
1,060 Posts
I have the Spidi Rain Flux suit, it will keep you dry under any pretty much any conditions, check out the www.froggtoggs.com as well.

·
Registered
2,811 Posts

·
Registered
1,468 Posts
I agree with TheReaper. Frogg Toggs are all I need here in Florida.

·
Registered
1,536 Posts
Practically any cheap waterproof jacket & trousers will suffice. There are lots on EBay. Don't get all-in-ones though, 'cos you'll be soaking wet by the time you've fought your boots through the legs and then covered your top half, whereas a separate jacket can be donned in seconds, followed by the trousers.

·
Registered
White Burgman 650 standard
3,157 Posts

Another vote for the iCon jacket - packs down well, is truly waterproof if you do the seals up. Does not breath but it keeps you dry.
It's also an excellent layer for warmth and good for viz at night and in foggy weather.

Went through a number of "solutions" - stayed with this one.

Pants I don't really bother unless it's cold.
One down side of rain jacket and no rain pants....it's gets a tad damp between the legs....I need some rain shorts I guess ;)

·
Registered
66 Posts
The newest 650 w/ electric w/s works well in the rain. Last summer I was on a 13 and in the rain day after day and it handled it well. The suits mentioned are fine for summer rain. In cooler areas you need waterproof jacket/pants that also provide some warmth.

·
Registered
66 Posts
If there is a Cycle Gear near you why not go in and try on different pieces of gear and support them as they are a national chain of motorcycle supplies that is open 7 days a week.

·
Registered
724 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
If there is a Cycle Gear near you why not go in and try on different pieces of gear and support them as they are a national chain of motorcycle supplies that is open 7 days a week.
great idea. I will get there as they have the ICON rain jacket and most other stuff as well. Prices look good.

I have one in my area (Daytona Beach)

What about J and P cycles? near me as well. http://www.jpcycles.com/

·
Registered
207 Posts
I like the Frog Togg brand for cheap over-suits. But I recently invested in a new Aerostitch Roadcrafter "Light" one-piece suit after more than a decade using a Motoport Cordura 2-piece suit (Motoport used separate Goretex liners for rain). Haven't encountered any real rain yet but I'm hoping the R3 Light will be as water-resistant as they claim.

·
Registered
724 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
I popped in and tried on some rain gear. I liked the Frogg Togg the best for Florida weather. They didn't have my size but I tried on Large so I know XL is my size.

ICON rain jacket is too heavy for my area.

·
Registered
1,468 Posts
Burgmanmaniac I kind of thought you would try the Frogg Toggs. I'm sure there are much better brands of rain gear out there but with the heat we have here and how brief most of our showers are Frogg Toggs work for me.
westnash you made the best suggestion to go to Cycle Gear, I don't know why no one thought of that sooner.

·
Premium Member
14,316 Posts
Nothing so frustrating as standing on side of the road, trying to get rain pants on over your wet boots!!
Carry a couple of plastic grocery bags with you. Slip them over your boots and they will slide down through you rain pants a lot easier.

·
Premium Member
14,316 Posts
I tried Frogg Toggs and they were OK but I went to a set of Tourmaster Sentinel rain gear and find them superior to the Frogg Toggs. They pack down just about as small but they are more durable. They also have vent features that allow you to keep them on and open and close the vents when you are riding in off and on rain.

1 - 20 of 54 Posts