Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,068 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been riding a Gold Wing for the last few years. I've been spoiled with the Wing's exellent stereo system, and wondering it is possible to install a radio on the Burgman 650, at least somewhat comparable??

I've not ridden the Burgman yet, but will shortly, and no doubt I'll love it. But, I love all bikes!!! Plus, developed my love of two wheels on scooters, starting age 14.:wave:

·
Registered
438 Posts
Space is at a premium under the tupperware, but you should be able to mount a pair of speakers under the plastic besides the handlebars. The amp will probably have to go in the trunk.

Regards
Scott Fraser
Calgary

·
Registered
205 Posts
Advice to all who are thinking of adding speakers to their Burgies.
Speakers on a Burgie do not look good---they look horrible.
Don't do it. I will NOT buy your scoot when you are ready to sell it.
Get Etymotic headphones and you will be in bliss on all your rides.
Simba

·
Registered
3,933 Posts
That is why I mounted my speakers in a removable speaker box on the pillion seat and the sub-woofer in the trunk! Easily removable in minutes and ready to sell. But who would ever sell a Burgman? :D

·
Registered
1,113 Posts
Though I'm an earbud kinda guy, I've got to say that your subwoofer setup is amazing, Scootereno. Fantastic idea and great execution,

·
Registered
1,895 Posts
I guess I'll have to be a contrarian regarding stereos on motorcycles. First, they sound lousy because there's NO bass. I am picturing hordes of Harleys with crappy speakers in those bat-wing fairings, usually turned up to volume no. 11. Stereos louder than their stupid pipes even.
And usually turned to some "classic rock" commercial radio station.
Second, I guess I think of riding my Burgman as getting away from it all. Although a way to play my MP3 inside my helmet does sound like an interesting idea :) That way I wouldn't inflict my sounds on passers-by.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Just got a Burgman 2 days ago but don't plan on putting it on the road until next spring. However, on my Helix and my Silverwing, I have a Bluetooth speaker held on with Velcro on the dash and stream music from my phone. Works great up to about 60 MPH.

·
Registered
438 Posts
I guess I'll have to be a contrarian regarding stereos on motorcycles...
My wife and I have headsets to communicate, but for the most part, I listen to the road. Hearing is another sense that helps keep me safe: aware of overtaking traffic, sirens and so on. Besides, if I wanted to listen to music, I wouldn't be on a motorcycle.

Regards
Scott Fraser
Calgary

·
Registered
96 Posts
Just got a Burgman 2 days ago but don't plan on putting it on the road until next spring. However, on my Helix and my Silverwing, I have a Bluetooth speaker held on with Velcro on the dash and stream music from my phone. Works great up to about 60 MPH.
I'm running a JBL Flip 2 Bluetooth, streaming from my phone, on my 650. Mounted on the dash. Sounds great, even at 60-80mph, and I can still hear what's going on around me with my open face helmet on. I just store it under the seat when I park.

·
Registered
922 Posts
I use these flat sound thumpers that velcro inside your helmet with a wire that runs to your mp3 player. Reasonable bass, can hear all traffic around you and doesn't bother anyone.

·
Registered
205 Posts
etymotic headphones/headset (choose model based on your budget. They are expensive).

They fit well and the earbuds stay in place once placed deep in your ear canals. The sound isolation is amazing (and could be dangerous depending on what you are doing) and the sound quality is very good. The very expensive models do sound better but the cheaper models are very good also.

Eymotic has a free App for your smart phone where you can still 'hear' any change in ambient noise or sound. So if you are listening to music and somebody starts talking to you or there is a car horn/siren behind you you will easily hear that. If there is no ambient sounds, all you will hear is your glorious music. You can also keep your music off and then the headphones become hearing aids (with the App).

The Etymotics are expensive but really worth it if you value sound quality and noise isolation.

Simba

1 - 11 of 11 Posts