Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I plan to occasionally trailering my Burgie along with my husband's DR. We noticed the rear-end tie-down points but didn't see any obvious place to secure the front end. I'm not sure if damage would occur to the grips or throttle mechanism if we attach there and winch. Any suggestions?

Karen

·
Registered
367 Posts
Go and get a Bar -Harness (Canadian version of the Canyon Dancer). There are two versions, one which is the actual Canadian version of the Canyon Dancer, $49 and the ITL version which is about half the price about $23.
I just picked up one of the ITL versions and it is a very solid piece of equipment. The idea is that you slide it over the handle bars and it gives you ties down points without damaging your body work.
You should be able to get one at any of the bike dealers, the importer/distributer is Thibeault Imports (ITL)

·
Registered
68 Posts
re handlebar tie downs.

Hi there I believe the suggestion that have been already posted are correct .I purchased a set of Canyon Dancer tye down straps while in Fla this past winter and they fit the bars perfectly on my 650. So I am sure they would be equally good for the 400. Enjoy the ride.RW

·
Registered
2,385 Posts
With out a doubt "Canyon Dancer" is the way to go, anytime I trailer my 400 I use it and one strap on the rear wheel.
Other them that get a strap as high up on the forks as you can, or even better cross over from the hand grips to a lower tie down point.
Just be careful how much you tighten it down.. Remember the idea is to to hold the bike upright not tie it down so it can't move with the bumps.

·
Registered
5,363 Posts
The guy who bought my V-Strom used a Canyon-Dancer harness to tie it down in his pickup. He has used them before. He told me that it is important to twist the throttle open a bit before sliding the Canyon-Dancer sleeve over the throttle grip. I you don't do this, there is a danger of damaging the throttle when you tighten the harness.

Just passing along what he told me. Overall, it looks to be a very slick way to secure the bike during transport.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I visited the ITL on the web. The bar harness is the way to go. Thanks to all for pointing me in that direction.

Karen

·
Registered
2 Posts
Tiedown Proceedure

The Simplest method that works for me is to put soft ties around the grips and attaching tiedown straps to each. Then add a third strap between (or around) the straps to hold them from pulling your grips apart. Then cinch up on your tiedowns.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts