Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
425 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, do you have any recommendations on iphone 5 holders for a 2006 Burgman 400? I have a LifeProof case with the iphone so was wondering for suggestions. Thanks

·
Registered
1,049 Posts
Hey guys, do you have any recommendations on iphone 5 holders for a 2006 Burgman 400? I have a LifeProof case with the iphone so was wondering for suggestions. Thanks
I also have an iPhone 5 with a Lifeproof case.

For my TMAX, I got a RAM Mount X-Grip mount setup. It works great. I went from Pittsburgh to Florida and back with this setup and had no issues. It also works great driving around Pittsburgh. The only thing I don't like about it is that, due to the design, it has some "side to side play" in it, which is annoying, but it doesn't affect the ability to get the iPhone secured very well. No fear of it falling off in transit.

In this picture, it's holding my Garmin GPS, but it also holds my iPhone just fine (I use it that way all the time). Note, I did hard wire in a cable for both the GPS and the phone, so that I can power them from the bike while in the X-Grip.

·
Registered
1,056 Posts
I'm also using an X-mount, attached to the left brake reservoir by one of Motorcycle Larry's ball mounts. Initially, I had it centered in my field of view with an extension arm but, found it to be too susceptible to vibrations. Now, it's on a shorter, single arm and is very satisfactory. I have a power cord run up through the plastics so, don't have to worry about the GPS sucking down the charge.

·
Registered
1,049 Posts
One of the major factors in placement is quick view without taking eyes off the road. I experimented with different locations and concluded that dead center as high as I could get is the way to go. My 2000 mile trip to Florida and back made me glad I put it there. I thought there would be vibration in that location, but turned out, I had none.

·
Registered
4,876 Posts
I'm also using an X-mount, attached to the left brake reservoir by one of Motorcycle Larry's ball mounts. Initially, I had it centered in my field of view with an extension arm but, found it to be too susceptible to vibrations. Now, it's on a shorter, single arm and is very satisfactory. I have a power cord run up through the plastics so, don't have to worry about the GPS sucking down the charge.
+1. But I use Ram mounts.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts