Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
753 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey Guys

I live in Idaho and even though cold weather aint here yet it will be before you know it. Aint it always?

Anyway, what sort of heated grips seem to work best for the 650 Burg? I would like the kind with the variable resistor rather than a high-low switch but as long as they work and work well that is the most important thing.

Only had my Burg for a week now and my poor Goldwing must think that it has leprosy or something! I can't stay off my new scooter! I just love it.

Thanks in advance

·
Registered
753 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Here is several links to the topic using the search engine.
Thanks, I found that earlier. I really just wanted some input from those individuals that have actually installed them and what they thought of them. First person sort of thing works best for me.

There are plenty of them out there I just wondered what you guys had tried and liked.

Thanks again!

·
Registered
10 Posts
I've always used "Hot Grips" brand on my bikes. They wear well, they heat evenly and you can control them from a simple hi/low/off switch on infinite heat with a potentiometer. I've used both but like to be able to adjust the heat where I want it. With the proper gear I routinely ride down to 35* with my bikes. The hot grips keep my hands toasty warm.

The link above is for Suzuki grips, just scroll down to the Burgmans. I believe bar size on all years are the same but multiple years are shown in the list.

·
Registered
1,060 Posts
hey man, although it is not what you're asking, I would recommend you to take a look at heated gloves instead, over here is winter and I've bought a gerbing's t5 hybrid with batteries, so far, I've used only in the lowest level, waterproof, windproof and warm enough to wear them while they are off. it would be actually cheaper than heated grips and more versatile.

·
Registered
753 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
hey man, although it is not what you're asking, I would recommend you to take a look at heated gloves instead, over here is winter and I've bought a gerbing's t5 hybrid with batteries, so far, I've used only in the lowest level, waterproof, windproof and warm enough to wear them while they are off. it would be actually cheaper than heated grips and more versatile.
I have a set of Gerbing gloves to go with my Gerbing jacket and they work well indeed. BUT you always have to have them with you for them to work and sometimes the temps will really drop on what started as a nice warm ride and just being able to flick on heated grips can truly be wonderful if you don't have your electric gear with you. I had factory heated grips on my R1100RT as well as my current GL1800 and they sure come in handy at times.

·
Registered
51 Posts
I have Oxfords. Three way switch off start and on. Start is full power and only needed for a minute to warm up. On is low power and keeps my hands toasty warm.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts