Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I wanted to order a set of these slider weights for my 2007 Burgman 400. They are available in 16, 18, 19 and 21 grams. Which weight is the best overall (general riding)? I'm not looking for "top end" or "mileage" as sole criterion--- or maybe I should ask which weight would most closely approximate the performance of the stock factory setup (which I'm happy with overall)? Thanks for any input.

MSL

·
Premium Member
210 Posts
Hi I put the 18 gm sliders in my K7 400 and have been very happy with them. They let me get away very quickly from a stoplight, and when I do get out on the open road at higher speeds on a steady run the revs drop down a notch or two which is nice.The higher weights will tend to give a little slower takeoff, but can give a lower rev count at the higher speeds.
At least that is how it seems from the reports of others who have changed to to the DP Sliders.

Stay safe out there
Luigi :cheers:

·
Registered
1,177 Posts
I have 18g fitted, wanted 19g but they are very hard to get here in the UK,
with the 18g it's more rev'y off the line and about 500 rpm higher at 30 mph
but as speed rises they reach a point at about 45/50 mph were they are about
the same as the standard rollers, from then on with the weights the revs are
lower than the standard rollers, it makes the scooter into a much better long
distance cruiser, the MPG seems about the same, but the transmission is much
more responsive reacting much better to throttle input.
For the first few hundred miles I was not sure but after over 2 thousand miles
I would not go back to standard, though I will try a set of 19g if and when I can
get some, personally I feel any heaver er would be to much for the engine

·
Registered
856 Posts
18g has been great. I may try 16g just to see the power difference.

·
Premium Member
2017 Burgman 650 exec
166 Posts
I ditto everything said about the 18g weights. I would suggest though, you determine it by what kind of riding you do. If all I did was in town driving, I would be tempted to do 16g just for the extra accelaration ability. However, I would go with the 19g weights if all I did was mostly highway speeds. Daboo (Chris) explained it well in one of his posts. Some use the 21 or 23 gram weights, but in reality, there is a point of diminishing returns on gas mileage or speed. You might have lower rpms on the highway, but you lose so much power that you end up using as much gas because you have to throttle it more to make up the difference. Also, I have found that in a very windy condition, the 18 gram wieghts can lose power at around 75-80 mph. I believe the OEM's are around 16-17 grams. Hope that helps.

·
Registered
4,092 Posts
I've used the 18, 19 and 21.

The 18 give good overall peformance.

I'm running 19 right now.

The 21 is great on the highway but made mine an almost dead duck around town so I'm use the 18 since you can get those easier.

·
I'm Retired
9,365 Posts
I started with 18g weights. Now I'm using 19g weights. In between, I've tried both 21 and 23 gram weights.

I think I'd consider your body weight as well in deciding which to get, although either should do well. The 18 g weights will be just a tad bit better performance for acceleration than the 19g weights. You may not care under normal conditions, but if you're on the heavier side, it'll make a difference to how satisfied you'll be.

There's a drop in rpms at highway speeds with all the weights. The 18g weights put my rpms at about 5500 at 70 mph (indicated). With the 19g weights, that is lowered another couple hundred to 5300 rpms.

Chris

·
Registered
3 Posts
were do I get a set of 18g rollers from in uk for my 2007 k7 burgman anyone got a link . and were it says how many do I change it to 8 or leave it at 1 only just bought this scooter

·
May have gone but will be missed
2,682 Posts
Best general purpose Dr. Pulley slider weight is the 19 grams. That is close to stock.
Myself, I like the performance of the 16 grams, but hey, that's just me....
Cheers!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts