Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

21 - 24 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
473 Posts
So one week in and I have put 100 miles on my new scoot but a few things have stuck out to me that need to be addressed. The wind is killing me at highway speeds and the my horrible back needs a better back rest.

I did a bunch of searches and decided to go with the https://bestbackrests.com backrest. I personally thinks it’s a bit ugly but for 145 shipped the price is right. Has anyone had any recent experience with this guy?

I also plan to order the Clearview XL next week with vent to hopefully address the thrashing I am taking at 70mph on interstate 95.

Other than that it’s been awesome riding again and can’t wait to start adding the accessories. If you know of a better wind screen let me know as I haven’t ordered that just yet. I am 6”2 for reference.
I also have the Best Back Rest and the quality was great, I also installed the Givi windscreen as I like workmanship, the fit/finish is great, but mostly the wind/weather protection i'v found was awesome.

·
Registered
43 Posts
So one week in and I have put 100 miles on my new scoot but a few things have stuck out to me that need to be addressed. The wind is killing me at highway speeds and the my horrible back needs a better back rest.

I did a bunch of searches and decided to go with the https://bestbackrests.com backrest. I personally thinks it’s a bit ugly but for 145 shipped the price is right. Has anyone had any recent experience with this guy?

I also plan to order the Clearview XL next week with vent to hopefully address the thrashing I am taking at 70mph on interstate 95.

Other than that it’s been awesome riding again and can’t wait to start adding the accessories. If you know of a better wind screen let me know as I haven’t ordered that just yet. I am 6”2 for reference.
The windshield Depends on your height. The Clearview XL is fine. I like it a lot. One big factor of the wind thrashing you is what kind of helmet you were wearing? I had a full face shield on my Helmet and OEM windshield. I was getting annihilated. I Changed to half helmet and glasses and pounding reduced 90 %. As far as seatback, I bought the bracket you can change out and keep your current seat back. You just remount it to the new bracket. It works great. It was about 75 dollars I think. You retain the ability to slide the backrest frontwards and backward this way. If you are tall then that probably won’t make a difference.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Utopia backrests are the best .......very very comfortable and adjustable. i had one on my 400 and ordered one for my 2017 B650 which should be here any time now
I like that seatback. You retain the ability to maneuver the back frontwards and backwards correct?

21 - 24 of 24 Posts