Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
203 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I purchased a Best Back rest and wanted to share my impressions
http://www.bestbackrests.com/

The web site is a little klunky but eventually you figure out to click on the online store button and add the one you want to the cart and check out via paypal.

The back rest is a vast improvement over the stock butt rest. The hardest part is getting the 2 dinky little Phillips set screws in the stock rest out without stripping the fluffers which allows the removal of the rest from the seat. the instructions that come with the new rest are good.

I wish the new rest had some holes in the attachment pipe to put the set screw back in. As it is, the thing slides out if you stop quick. So I will have to do some fixing of that. I plan to drill some holes in the pipe and reuse the set screws to keep the new one from sliding out.

If you are tall, the new rest gives you much more leg room. I chose to add the smaller of the two spacers that are enclosed with the kit to shorten up the space and still have more leg room than with the stock seat all the way back.

While the new rest is much better on my back, I can't help but wonder if a solid back rest instead of the donut shape would be better. I did look at the Utopia back rest but from the pictures on the web site it seems to retain the old butt rest and that just wouldn't work for me.

·
Registered
203 Posts
Discussion Starter #2 (Edited)
Here's a picture of the holes, it actually took 3 tries. Just mark a line where the rod is and drill the hole there. I was thinking of giving myself some wiggle room but it is not needed. I used a 9/64th bit and some small screws I had laying around.

Attachments

·
Registered
925 Posts
I just bought a bearcat and can't wait to see if it helps my back.

·
Premium Member
302 Posts
I bought a Bearcat backrest a few years ago for the AN400 and with my addition of the 650, wanted another one. Regretfully, he isn't making/selling them anymore.

So I ordered my backrest from http://www.bestbackrests.com and got it in about 4 days with regular shipping. The build quality is good and since I'm 6'0, none of the additional supplies adjusters are necessary.

Will say, the backrest doesn't need the attached comfort seat I had on my 400. This one sits perfectly on my lower back and gives me great support. The 650 riding experience just got way more comfy!

I bought the $99 seat, but if you don't mind "scratch and dent", you can score one for $89.

Either way, I'm very satisified.

·
Registered
1,171 Posts
Thanks OP, that's great to know. I've purchased a '14 Burg 650 for March delivery and at 6'6" tall with a 36" inseam I need all the legroom I can get. So the Bestbackrest was already on my radar. It's likely I'll be locking it at the full rearward position. Thanks for the great report.
Steve

·
Registered
1,113 Posts
I've got a BestBackrest and I absolutely love it. Stiff, yet with a bit of flex, hits me right in the perfect place in the small of my back, and the open design is noticeably cooler than a number of solid ones I've used over the years. Well-designed, a fair price, and good folks to deal with - I recommend them!

·
Registered
1,536 Posts
I just bought a bearcat and can't wait to see if it helps my back.
It will certainly help your back. I have used a Bearcat for about 4 years and discovered that for me I needed something additional so I bought a Putman cushion (which fits nicely on the Bearcat) and I now have the comfort we are all seeking.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts