Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
724 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Forum members,

Any preference for the best aftermarket windshield for my 2012 Burgman 400?

I'm thnking of getting the 2 piece Givi AF266 over the single piece Givi 266.
What about the other brands?

I must say the Burg 400 I rode with the AF266 was spectacular compared to my stock one.

·
Registered
109 Posts
I must say the Burg 400 I rode with the AF266 was spectacular compared to my stock one.

heh, I think that gives you an answer !

I wondered also but after reading every Windscreen post here - I decided the 266DT or the AF266 was going to be my choice.

I have an AF266 on order from KiwiDave - not sure if mine was in the batch that he will be shipping next week or not.

I have never seen an AF266 on a Burgman just photo's; but all the reviewers liked it, and I really like the idea of adjustable vs the 266DT and just picking out a height to live with.

·
Registered
110 Posts
I have the D266DT and absolutely love it! I have no experience with the AF266, but I'm sure that it's a great windshied. A Givi screen, no matter which one, is going to be so much superior to that original piece of crap windshield! Why they design that original one the way that they do is a mystery to me. Also, something else you might consider is a top box. I have a bestem (the biggest one they make) and I also got their mounting plate that was specifically designed for the Burgman 400 and they are great! The top box has a brake light that is bright and very noticeable...and the whole thing is much cheaper than the well known brands! Great box.

·
Registered
98 Posts
I have the D266DT and absolutely love it! I have no experience with the AF266, but I'm sure that it's a great windshied. A Givi screen, no matter which one, is going to be so much superior to that original piece of crap windshield! Why they design that original one the way that they do is a mystery to me. Also, something else you might consider is a top box. I have a bestem (the biggest one they make) and I also got their mounting plate that was specifically designed for the Burgman 400 and they are great! The top box has a brake light that is bright and very noticeable...and the whole thing is much cheaper than the well known brands! Great box.

Tinstar,

I hate to hijack the thread but how does the bestem mount for the burgman 400 attach? I went to the site and saw the installed unit but I really cant tell how it mounts. Tried clicking on the installation manual but the link doesnt work either. I didnt know if it mounts to the grab rails or what.

Thanks

·
Registered
11 Posts
I've got a custom Clearview vented shield on my '05 400. Love it! They were very good people to work with, exchanging several phone conversations in order to make sure I was getting what I wanted. With the stock shield, the wind hit me about nose level and my shoulders from the sides. Now, 3" taller and wider, the wind hits high on my forehead and doesnt hit my arms at all. Have hand guards too, so riding fatigue is way down. I wouldn't do without the 5 position vent either. Its necessary in the summer here in VA. I just close it in winter. Its definately bigger than the stock shield, but doesn't look ungangly. The whole set-up is money well spent.

·
Registered
110 Posts
Tinstar,

I hate to hijack the thread but how does the bestem mount for the burgman 400 attach? I went to the site and saw the installed unit but I really cant tell how it mounts. Tried clicking on the installation manual but the link doesnt work either. I didnt know if it mounts to the grab rails or what.

Thanks
I found the perfect answer for you on page 10 of the general forum (I think it was the general forum). It was posted by LeDude on 7/11/2013 and entitled "Farkle-Bestem Mounting Plate". Check it out for your answers! Good luck!

·
Premium Member
6,179 Posts
Any aftermarket windshield will be better than the one that Suzuki puts on there 400. I installed a 7Jurock on my 07 400.

·
Registered
724 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Anyone have a Givi windshield installed by the dealer? What was the cost? Right now I'm trying to locate a Givi AF266 to purchase.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Have the AF266 and love it. I would recommend for anyone that isn't very tall. I'm 5'10" and ride it all the way up for interstate speeds. I sit on a slightly inflated air hawk seat.

·
Registered
55 Posts
It's not that hard to do, and I'm not sure I'd trust a dealer with it. When I installed my AF266, I found the dealer had left out the 2 screws that hold the front plastic on each side of the dash insert.

·
Registered
11 Posts
@ itlives - LIKE.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts