Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Everyone,

Last weekend I decided that I'd had enough of opening the garage door, rolling the bike out to firm ground, lifting onto center stand, closing the garage door, pushing off center stand, wiping any rain of the seat, and finally getting away.

For a couple of hundred bucks I bought an electric door kit for the garage, with remote control. It took less than 2 hours to install.

Now I can simply ride out of the garage and get away.

Okay it's clear that I could have sent the wife out to do all the manipulation, and saved 200$, but there are advantages in not taking that option which outweigh pecuniary considerations! ;)

·
Premium Member
11,296 Posts
I am envious but not too envious.

I have been looking for an app that will send an SMS message to my wife based on my GPS location (0.5 mile from home) to say ' Hi Sweetheart please do the honours with the garage door x':cool:

·
Registered
1,468 Posts

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
You are so right Model28a! but visitors park up close to the door without thinking, so it would also need an IR beam and Tannoy system to tell them to back off!

Gadgetry going wild here!!

·
Registered
83 Posts
Garage Door Opener Activation System

Safety Notice: This device will not work in all households, so please wear the appropriate safety gear while entering the house.:laughing7:

·
Registered
1,468 Posts
Austinii here in the US of A it's a law that any new garage door opener must have an IR beam for safety. I guess they think we are to stupid to move out of the way when the door is closing. :rolleyes:

·
Registered
806 Posts
Hi Everyone,

Last weekend I decided that I'd had enough of opening the garage door, rolling the bike out to firm ground, lifting onto center stand, closing the garage door, pushing off center stand, wiping any rain of the seat, and finally getting away.

I have a Genie Garage door opener for my cars. After getting my 650 I bought a third remote for my bike. My second car now sits on the driveway and the 650 in the garage. I store the remote in the right glove box held in place with black duct tape. I've had garage door openers for so long I don't remember what it is like to be without one.

·
Registered
1,468 Posts
I was using a remote for a while but after I found out about the Flash to Pass unit I linked to above. I used it on my old Burgmans flash to pass button. After I got my Silverwing I found a universal kill switch or starter switch that replaces the clamp on the brake. It has a button in the center of the clamp. You hook one wire of the Flash to Pass unit to any power wire and the other wire of the Flash to Pass unit to one wire on the switch. Then the other wire on the switch goes to ground. Now I don't need to fumble with a remote, I just hit the button twice and the door opens or closes. I put one on both of my Silverwings as they are the scooters I ride most often now. I use the old hand held remote when I ride anything else.

·
Registered
352 Posts
northstar 1951 - Love your video! :p I'll have to share that one with the wifey.

Love that horn, too. Stebel? Definitely not the "road runner" stock horn found on most bikes.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts