Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
BERT's Meg Mall price for a Burgman 650 03 model is $5999 . They also claim it gets 60 miles to a gallon in the AD sent to my email.

·
Registered
13,278 Posts
Sounds like a great price....and they don't know the differece between the 650 and 400 where MPG is concerned. :)

·
Registered
370 Posts
I just returned from the Scoot tour rally in Arkansas and there were lots of 400's and 650's. During a day long ride (appx 250 miles), I got the best mileage ever. 65 mpg riding my 650, another couple, two up, with rear box and tall windshield got 54 mpg. Apparantly the 650 likes crusing hilly areas in the speed range of 45-60 for long stretches. I conjecture that the lack of stop and go, and constantly twisting the throttle up and down made the difference. It was a fun ride. 11 bikes, 9 of which were Burgmans.
jac
austin

·
Registered
13,278 Posts
jacvinson said:
During a day long ride (appx 250 miles), I got the best mileage ever. 65 mpg riding my 650, another couple, two up, with rear box and tall windshield got 54 mpg.
Maybe I need to trade in my 400 then since it only gets 60.54 MPG average. :roll:

·
Registered
370 Posts
Don't get me wrong, I normally don't get mileage that good, but I sure did while at the rally. It's probably because of the "steady throttle" crusing.
jac

·
Registered
2,385 Posts
A steady throttle, lower speed, and perhaps a slight tail wind and and yes a 650 will give you that kind of mpg. What's really nice is sometimes that's the most enjoyable traveling of all..
I am often making trips like that--when I'm sitting around day dreaming --
But I am happy to say in the real world since I cut the Givi windshield down I am getting 58 + mpg with my 400. :)

·
Registered
3,411 Posts
Over 3000 miles of riding, and my total fuel used has been 67.75 gallons for an average of 48.7MPG (US Gallons).

My lowest mileage on any one tankful was 35.1, back in June when my Burgman was only a week old and I was only driving it in town.

My best was on a road trip during a long stretch with lots of speeds in the high 40s and 50s, and none above 60: 61.9MPG.

Those are both extremes. Combining those with all my other fillups shows average around-town riding yielding about 40MPG, and average highway riding giving around 52.

Unless Bert's Meg Mall is located somewhere that uses Imperial Gallons, 60MPG for a quoted mileage on a 650 is ludicrous.

·
Registered
1,390 Posts
I had that price offered long ago. The devil is in the details. The place in San Bernadino (sp?) also wanted $1200 for freight & set-up.
Bert's Mega Mall is at 1151 N. Azuza in Covina, California. Their web site just shows mfg. price but makes no mention of an added dealer mark-up.
Their list of available bikes doesn't even list any Bergman.

·
Registered
300 Posts
Bert's Mega Mall

FYI, I think they are a bunch of Schmucks at Bet's Mega Mall. They remind me of used car salesman. I live in Dallas and was visiting my mom up in Loma Linda who was getting cancer treatment 2 yrs ago.

I wanted a Honda P.C. and they supposedly had one advertised in Cycle Trader. I called, set everything up including shipping, and flew out w/ cashier's check to purchase.
Long story short: Sales guy I spoke with wasn't there, Bike was not as described, I waited 2 hours for them to draw up contract, AND they wouldn't let me test drive! I'm not going to hand over 6K for something I can't test especially if I'm shipping it back to Dallas. They lost my sale and I promised to steer business away from them.

Go buy somewhere else where customer service is respected. I spent my money elsewhere back in Dallas and was quite happy w/ bike until someone hit it backing up and that led to purchase of Burgman 650 from Powersports in Sherman - who treated me right after a little haggeling.

Oh, that was my first visit to CA and no offense to those who live there, but that was a crazy place and I really don't want to go back. I visited L.A., Loma Linda, Riverside, and San Diego. My vote is San Diego if I have to go back.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts