Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

21 - 36 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
Now, folks, back to our program in progress. The only thing I can imagine him referring to is the rear shock absorber. He may not know, as we used to say in Naval Aviation, his cyclic from his collective. I still have no idea what he could mean by his electrical system making a funny noise when he put it on the center stand. The OP has not shared any further info or pix so I'm going leave now.

·
Administrator
18,201 Posts
I've been known to pull on my Collective.....
Or was that push on my cyclic?

Reactions: mikeyMarine

·
Administrator
18,201 Posts
I noticed the shaft underneath burgman 400 has rings around it. One of which is bent, as if from center stand, what side effects would follow?
We are still asking if you can post a quick picture of this.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
Now, folks, back to our program in progress. The only thing I can imagine him referring to is the rear shock absorber. He may not know, as we used to say in Naval Aviation, his cyclic from his collective. I still have no idea what he could mean by his electrical system making a funny noise when he put it on the center stand. The OP has not shared any further info or pix so I'm going leave now.
I'll post pic soon, the funny noise didnt sound so good, I'm not good at using stand and it seemed 2 make electric zap sounds as I lifted the burgman, and as one individual said, shock ring, it's a bent shock ring, what r the consequences of such

·
Registered
254 Posts
I'll post pic soon, the funny noise didnt sound so good, I'm not good at using stand and it seemed 2 make electric zap sounds as I lifted the burgman, and as one individual said, shock ring, it's a bent shock ring, what r the consequences of such
I don't think the bent shock ring will do any damage,it might have been bent intentionally.I don't know how the center stand would cause electrical problems,that's a mystery.ps,you can always change the spring if you want to.

·
Registered
254 Posts
That looks ok to me,wait for a second opinion from one of the experts.

·
Administrator
18,201 Posts
I do not know exactly what a 400's shock ring is or how it looks. But I cropped and highlighted your picture some so its brighter.

Shock Ring.jpg

·
Registered
254 Posts
It's where center stand would go, plus, all other rings are straught,
That looks normal to me, besides it would take a hell of a lot of force to bend or stretch that spring. Like I say, if your not happy with it change it. I'll have a look at mine in a bit, see if it's normal.

Someone might have been doing an Evel Knievel on it, jumping over the Grand Canyon.

·
Registered
715 Posts
I do not know exactly what a 400's shock ring is or how it looks. But I cropped and highlighted your picture some so its brighter.

View attachment 90736
Well done Dave J. Looks perfectly normal to me and I dont think it is possible for the centre stand to even get near it. As for your zapping sound static maybe from you I get zapped from my car door occasionally. Does the bike run and ride with not warning lights? Plenty of oil in the engine? If so why worry

·
Registered
254 Posts
Well done Dave J. Looks perfectly normal to me and I dont think it is possible for the centre stand to even get near it. As for your zapping sound static maybe from you I get zapped from my car door occasionally. Does the bike run and ride with not warning lights? Plenty of oil in the engine? If so why worry
Yeh,great.This time i was right.

·
Premium Member
8,033 Posts
I didn't mean to upset anyone,when maccecht mentioned thingibob it reminded me of the old song.No offence intended,just a bit of fun.
I loved it, it honors women who saved our butts in time of need, and the line about naturally some lied about age cracked me up !!

Reactions: Plum loco

·
Registered
254 Posts
I loved it, it honors women who saved our butts in time of need, and the line about naturally some lied about age cracked me up !!
Yes,and they flew brand new spitfires to air fields.

21 - 36 of 36 Posts