Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys,

let me firstly say, you guys in the USA\Canada, you're sooo lucky to have so much choice available. You have access to all of these after-market brands and spares for the Burgmans.. Here in SA, we have one or two chaps who import Malossi or some other brand for air filters etc. Our local Suzuki Agent (read that, as in ONE), is OTT with the Import Pricing for spares, and witht he lack of competition (demand), we just don't have any competitive shops or suppliers.

My 2009 Burgman's just gone through 40 000 km's, and I decided to get a Malossi belt, as I'd been reading some threads here about rpm's at speed etc.. I came to the realization my belt is very worn out and needs replacement. Anyway, it got here from Europe a few weeks later, and I managed to fit it this past weekend.

I have 3 different sets of Malossi rollers, from 18's to 22's, I really didn't see or feel much difference between any of them, as the belt was just so worn 9thinner), it had no effect. So I've now had two commutes to work and back since this past weekend, and I'm amazed at how better the Bike runs. I use the heavier rollers to help reduce rpm's as I have a entended period on the Freeway where I'm at 120 Km/h, and the bike is at least 1000 rpm's lower with the new belt on..

I'm very pleased with the scoot again and really enjoy riding it. been using it daily now for just over 3 years. SOLID piece of kit.
:cool:

·
Registered
2,832 Posts
Hi guys,

let me firstly say, you guys in the USA\Canada, you're sooo lucky to have so much choice available. You have access to all of these after-market brands and spares for the Burgmans.. Here in SA, we have one or two chaps who import Malossi or some other brand for air filters etc. Our local Suzuki Agent (read that, as in ONE), is OTT with the Import Pricing for spares, and witht he lack of competition (demand), we just don't have any competitive shops or suppliers.

My 2009 Burgman's just gone through 40 000 km's, and I decided to get a Malossi belt, as I'd been reading some threads here about rpm's at speed etc.. I came to the realization my belt is very worn out and needs replacement. Anyway, it got here from Europe a few weeks later, and I managed to fit it this past weekend.

I have 3 different sets of Malossi rollers, from 18's to 22's, I really didn't see or feel much difference between any of them, as the belt was just so worn 9thinner), it had no effect. So I've now had two commutes to work and back since this past weekend, and I'm amazed at how better the Bike runs. I use the heavier rollers to help reduce rpm's as I have a entended period on the Freeway where I'm at 120 Km/h, and the bike is at least 1000 rpm's lower with the new belt on..

I'm very pleased with the scoot again and really enjoy riding it. been using it daily now for just over 3 years. SOLID piece of kit.
:cool:
+1 There are lots Of New Belts On the Market Now!! i found atleast 20 of them for are Models.....

1 - 2 of 2 Posts