Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
493 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
No joke.

short story, like everybody, I'm l was looking for gloves to ride during cold weather like in the mid 40's to mid 20's without any electrical gizmo. The one I have, a 25$ pair found @ Lowes were ok except for the fingers length; not enough space for my long fingers resulting in cold finger tips.

When I was in my hometown, near Quebec City, for the holiday, I went to the snowmobile dealers to look at theirs gloves. Yep, we have 2 dealers, one can-am/ski-doo/suzuki and the other artic-cat/polaris, facing each other and both on - ok 2 feet aside - the provincial snowmobile trail.

The first stop was at the ski-doo dealer. Nothing very interesting aka weak inventory and/or no-fit for my hands. On the other end, the choice at the artic-cat dealer was more interseting.

I got a pair of Artic Cat gloves with 150g of 3M thinsulate insulation and leather palm/fingers/thumb @ about 70$us, it's not cheap but they do the job.

How good?

well, I used them when walking a whole afternoon in Old Quebec City by 23*F. Back to home, in central Maryland, I used them for my New Year day ride @ 42*F with speed in the range of 60-70mph. In both case, my hands were warm.

I bought hi-cuff gloves with only the full underside and thumb in leather good for few ride a month but, for the one interested, Artic-cat sold either a high-cuff or low-cuff full leather gloves with 150 grams of 3m Thinsulate insulation and padded knuckles for a lot more money.

Anyway, next Monday with temperature around 0*F, I know wich gloves I will use.

·
Registered
585 Posts
I have a better idea - I take the VW.

·
Registered
1,060 Posts
@cactuspwr : thanks for your insight, for the record and other users, what's the model did you get?

·
Registered
748 Posts
As far as non clubsy snowmobile gloves, Klim Toggwottees, FXR Backshift, and Ski-Doo X-Team gloves are the best on snowmobile forums. Good to well below zero F.

·
Registered
3,933 Posts
I love my old snow mobile gear on or off the bike! :D

1 - 5 of 5 Posts