Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Administrator
18,734 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
This may upset some but does anyone else see it happening? Ok, I have a post count of 6,460+ and most were drivel to some other posters. I always try to post good information and answers.

I try not to be too snarky. But it seems that SOME like to post mutable comments about nothing. Just on and on and on. It seems that the only thing happening is the members post count is going up. On other sites I go to, they brand you a "Post [email protected]". Nomex Flame sute is on, fire away.

·
Registered
1,060 Posts
yes

·
Registered
1,060 Posts
lol. I'm teasing you.

I haven't really think about this until now, I don't really care and I think many of the folks around this forum don't really care about that either.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Does it really matter what your post count is? I own several forums, but I have never really thought about my post count on any of them.

·
Registered
1,479 Posts
I prefer people posting no real info than those who join only to post little or even worse nothing.

I also prefer people posting fluff to being rude and argumentative or insisting their opinions are facts.

·
Registered
83 Posts
This may upset some but does anyone else see it happening? Ok, I have a post count of 6,460+ and most were drivel to some other posters. I always try to post good information and answers.

I try not to be too snarky. But it seems that SOME like to post mutable comments about nothing. Just on and on and on. It seems that the only thing happening is the members post count is going up. On other sites I go to, they brand you a "Post [email protected]". Nomex Flame sute is on, fire away.
Being branded as a "Post Whor&" on any forum is all relative. I belong to Spyderlovers and one member who joined in September 2010 has in excess of 46,000 posts to date, and counting. Remarkable considering he has a full time job! So your 6,460 or so post count may be viewed by some as "slightly active" rather than "prolifically [email protected]". :confused2:

·
Registered
52 Posts
IMO forums are created to encourage communications between its members. If a member chooses to post only informative stuff is all up to him/her. But if he chooses to simply be friendly and socialize then it's also perfectly OK. As long as the member is not violating forum rules then all is well.

Besides, the forum name is "burgmanusa", not "burgmanusa sensible and informative only forum".

·
Registered
47 Posts
I could say I agree with all of the above comments. But perhaps that is the sort of fluff you are talking about - simply agreeing with other members does not really constitute an informative post. Blah blah blah.

See? I've just increased my "post count" (had not realised this was an issue until now...)

·
Registered
352 Posts
Besides, the forum name is "burgmanusa", not "burgmanusa sensible and informative only forum".
I heard they tried that, but it wouldn't fit on the t-shirt. ;)

Or would that attempt at humor be considered "snarky." :p
Hopefully there won't be a Snarknado!

I did consider making separate posts for each line above... :D

I have several thousand posts on a couple of car forums I'm on, so I completely understand Dave's concerns. So far I've (usually) managed to avoid the "Do a Search!" posts to the new members on those forums, but it does tend to make my teeth itch sometimes when the same questions come up over and over and over ad nauseum... Maybe that what makes some members snarky?

·
Registered
1,113 Posts
Make the t-shirts XXXXXL? ;)

Watch that post count climb!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts