Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
HI MY NAME IS MIKE. IHAVE A BURGIE 400. BEEN RIDING ABOUT 18 MONTHS. I AM 68 YEARS OLD AND LIVE IN HILTON HEAD SC. I HAD AN ACCIDENT 4 MONTHS AFTER I PURCHASED MY BIKE. DID SOME COSMETIC DAMAGE TO THE BIKE BUT I WAS JUST BRUISED. I DECIDED TO TAKE THE MC SAFETY COURSE, REALIZING I NEEDED SOME TRAINING, BEING A FIRST TIME RIDER. IT HAS HELPED A LOT. I RECCOMEND IT TO NEW RIDERS. I'VE BEEN HAVING A GREAT FUN EVER SINCE.THINKING OF GETTING THE 650 IN THE FUTURE.

·
Registered
925 Posts
Welcome to the forum, glad to have you. 8)

·
Registered
3,323 Posts
Welcome back. Glad to hear that you are still enjoying riding.

·
Registered
355 Posts
Welcome to BurmanUSA! I too found the MSF Course to be a major refresher when I decided to get back into riding.

·
Registered
106 Posts
Welcome and best wishes, Lieutenant. I took the MSF course, getting started first-time-ever at a youngish 60. Rest of the class were twenty-somethings. One came into the break room asking why I was beginning such a thing at my age. "Not that you're old or anything" he added. Gotta love it.

I'm the angst guy, not the accordian guy....

·
Registered
1,041 Posts
Welcome Mike,

Glad to hear you were OK after the spill. The MSF course should be a requirement in my opinion. It makes one more aware of the issues and hazards in riding a two wheeled vehicle. It also teaches evasive maneuver techniques. Good for you for getting prepared and riding again.

Janine :)

·
Registered
13,278 Posts
Welcome back Mike. After taking a long break from riding, I took the MSF Basic Rider Course to refresh my skills. I'm also considering going back the end of this summer and taking the Advanced Rider Course. It's always a good idea to keep your skills honed.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts