Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
2,834 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Burgie with Amoric 8 cu. ft. storage mono wheel trailer.

·
Registered
2,834 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Very French looking - what is that in extra liters?

Carry 226 litres of Chanel #5, that why they sexy, sensual and smell nice.

·
Administrator
20,112 Posts
Carry 226 litres of Chanel #5, that why they sexy, sensual and smell nice.
ohh la la, Mon Chérie. :D But that leaves no room for a French Press for Coffee. :mad: :tongue: :)

·
Registered
4,876 Posts
Nice Cherie! When did you get it? What trips do you have planned with all that storage?

·
Registered
2,834 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
ohh la la, Mon Chérie. :D But that leaves no room for a French Press for Coffee. :mad: :tongue: :)
Still room for a tasty '' Baguette '', French Press replace with internet news. :)

·
Registered
2,834 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
Nice Cherie! When did you get it? What trips do you have planned with all that storage?
This not Chérie bike, my bike white, looking at same trailer and set up, want to visit more of USA and western Canada.

·
Registered
1,536 Posts
IMHO there is something about this trailer that is not quite right. I would prefer it to be closer to the bike, shorter and higher, and with 2 wheels. (But what do I know?) PS: What's that black column to the left of the screen?

·
Premium Member
3,008 Posts
With the large box single wheel trailer and the way they have the trunk mounted, I would be concerned about the amount of weight being applied to the rear of the bike behind the axle, especially when you hit bumps.

·
Registered
2,834 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Manufacture claim trailer weigh 55 lb, payload recommended 100 lb.

At total weigh of 155 lb, manufacture claim maximum transfer to bike is 65 lb.

·
Registered
2,092 Posts
With the large box single wheel trailer and the way they have the trunk mounted, I would be concerned about the amount of weight being applied to the rear of the bike behind the axle, especially when you hit bumps.
Definitely. At first glance I was only checking-out the trailer, but then I noticed the top box mounted way off the back. I guess they just couldn't part with OEM backrest. Sans trailer, they have a goofy-looking bike with safety issues.

With the trailer, the bike has a kitschy eccentric charm. I'm thinking that the owner spends weeks at a time on the road, maybe with a lot of camping?

·
Registered
1,536 Posts
Handlebar.
Yes, I know what a handlebar looks like(!), but i'm asking about the black column with a white thing on top that is between the left handlebar and the screen. Maybe it's just shadow and i'm looking at it in a wrong way. :(

·
Registered
2,092 Posts
It's the right handlebar. The white thing is the end of the chrome bar-end. We're looking down the cylinder of the throttle grip. Bike is on its side stand, so the right side is higher and the front wheel appears to be slightly to the left. The camera angle and flat light hide most of the details we would normally see on the handlebar.

·
Registered
1,536 Posts
It's the right handlebar. The white thing is the end of the chrome bar-end. We're looking down the cylinder of the throttle grip. Bike is on its side stand, so the right side is higher and the front wheel appears to be slightly to the left. The camera angle and flat light hide most of the details we would normally see on the handlebar.
Thanks Jeff, I see it now. It's amazing how a first impression won't let go! :eek:

·
Registered
585 Posts

·
Registered
61 Posts
Nice trailer but it looks like it would suit a more vintage looking bike, styling doesn't really match the Burgman.I think jeff is right about the top box mounting aswell , looks a little goofy behind the backrest.

·
Registered
2,834 Posts
Discussion Starter #20 (Edited)
Nice trailer but it looks like it would suit a more vintage looking bike, styling doesn't really match the Burgman.I think jeff is right about the top box mounting aswell , looks a little goofy behind the backrest.
Perhap this help.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts