Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
639 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Living on the bottom tip of Vancouver Island means you can go anywhere you want to as long as it's up :) (not counting the Ferry to Vancouver). I had not been to Nanaimo on my 650 yet (90 minutes North of Victoria), so since the weatherman was forecasting a nice sunny day, I made arrangements to meet Al & Wes in Nanaimo for lunch. I had never met Wes before, but he had a big part in my purchasing my 650, so was delighted to finally get to talk to him face to face.

After eating too much Chinese food :D , we headed for a nice drive along some of Vancouver Island's wonderful back-roads. Spring is been here for awhile now and the trees are in bloom & the daffodils are up in all their glory. After stopping in Chemainus, we headed South some more and finally ended up at the Mill Bay entrance to the Trans Canada Highway. Al & Wes headed north back to Nanaimo, and I reluctantly headed South to Victoria, as I had to work that evening.

It was a wonderful time together and I look forward to many trips up to Nanaimo to see my wonderful Burgy friends again. 8)

http://burgmanusa.com/gallery/Vfdcaptain/Chemainus_6839

For the benefit of those of you who live in Eastern Canada, a little hint of things to come - well eventually! :lol:

http://burgmanusa.com/gallery/Vfdcaptain/IMG_6743

http://burgmanusa.com/gallery/Vfdcaptain/IMG_6749

http://burgmanusa.com/gallery/Vfdcaptain/IMG_6758

Spring is trying to work it's way East, honestly! 8)

·
Registered
66 Posts
Southern California is also getting some beautiful riding weather (but, I suppose that might be more typical). A few days ago I had a great ride heading north along the crest of the Santa Monica Mountains. Toward the end as you drop down to Pacific Coast Highway on Deer Creek Rd. you get unbelievable views of the Pacific coastline below as you descend.
That's why we ride..........

·
Registered
639 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Did the Pacific Coast Hwy in 1979 on our new Suzuki GS1000E from LA to the North. It was an awesome 30 day holiday. We've always wanted to do it again, but kids came along, so we put it on hold. Now that they are adults, we hope to do it again in the near future, only this time we'll stay in motels instead of camping. :lol:

·
Registered
3,323 Posts
Oh I am so enviuos!!!! You have nice weather....you get to ride.......better yet you get to ride with friends.......... T CAN'T TAKE IT ANYMORE........I'M ABOUT TO LOSE IT. sigh(deeeeeep breathe) I'm ok......honest I'm fine. I just need to ride, hopefully soon.

·
Registered
13,278 Posts
Hey Allan,

You need to do what a couple of guys I met Wednesday did. I was heading into the local Shoney's restaurant and a guy at the hotel next door hollered a question. Since my hearing is pretty lousy, I walked over. He wanted to know if my 400 was one of those Honda scooters. He'd been thinking about getting one for his wife. Gerry and one of his riding buddies Bevan had trailered they bikes down from New Brunswick to North Carolina to get a jump on the riding season. They're riding for a couple of weeks and then heading back home. We ended up eating at Shoney's and talking bikes. Afterward I went over to check out Gerry's Royal Star Venture Mid Night Special and Bevan's Goldwing. Bevan took the Burgman for a spin around the around the parking lot and the I 'twisted his arm' (just suggested) to take it out for a longer spin on the road. He came back with the famous 'Burgman grin' and said it's a fun little machine and remarked on how maneuverable it is with the small wheels. Had a great time talking bikes with both them and hope they miss most of the rain. :)

·
Registered
296 Posts
Reg, a nice picture of the three of us on our ride. I was out on Saturday afternoon for a short ride, the weather was even better then the day we went on our ride. Now that it’s a long weekend we are getting showers.

The next time we get a group picture I hope to have my new 650 Executive, the dealer told me that it should be here in early May. :D I am ordering a Corbin seat with 2 backrests, Givi windscreen & Givi E52 Maxia top case with brake light, rack & liner. I hope to have all my accessories here before the 650A arrives.

Jan and I are thinking that our first touring trip will be down the Oregon coast once I get a 1,000km. on the bike.

Cheers

1 - 11 of 11 Posts