Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
689 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone in and around central to north the New Jersey want to ride up to and around Bear Mountain NY with two other Burg 650, let get together and ride and show that our Mopeds on Steroids (as my Burg has been called) is no toy bike to play with. This is a trip I like and most time I go up 17N by way of Wood Berry Commons and then through the park or 17N to Finger lake drive (rt6) or up Palisades parkway to the Perkins drive up to the top and then down to the Inn, sometime I take a lunch basket (well sandwich and a drink) or have lunch at the Inn or there are a few places around the general area to eat. It's a fun ride with lots of great scenery and from my house in North Bergen depending on which way I go is about 36 to 48 miles one way. Most weekends my Buddy from Brooklyn comes over around by 10 to 10.30am either Saturday or Sunday (sometime both) and we head up to the Mountains.

·
Registered
355 Posts
I plan on purchasing my 650 in the next week or so. I llive in Essex cty NJ, so let me know when you are up for a ride in the future. Sounds like a nice ride...

Johnny

·
Registered
689 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Johnny, let me know when you get your Burg home.

·
Registered
689 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Anyone up for a ride this weekend up to Bear Mountian.

·
Registered
355 Posts
still breaking in (only had scoot for a day). But if the weather is nice...

Johnny

·
Registered
355 Posts
EMAIL me if you are going on a run this weekend (or whenever). I'd love to be there on my black 04 AN650.

·
Registered
689 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
If this weekend look s good anyone in the area up for a ride to Bear Mountain. We are up to three 650's now.

·
Registered
355 Posts
Add another 650 to the mix. If the weather is good I'm in. Still in break-in (just over 400 miles) so 60 to 65 is gonna be my top speed for another week or so.

·
Registered
689 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
It look like this Saturday will be a rain day, so we are planning on riding up this Sunday.

·
Registered
355 Posts
Sunday sounds good to me.

·
Registered
689 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
If anyone wants to ride with us we will leave from North Bergen NJ at around 10.30 and head up to the Mountain. So far there is 4 Burg 650. If anyone wants to join us my number is 201 220-1644.

·
Registered
355 Posts
Roger,

Any chance of a run this weekend?

·
Registered
689 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
This Saturday 11th one of my new riding Buddy's should be getting back his seat with a new cover (hopefully), another has a new Corbin on this bike and of course you all know the look of mine. We plan on doing the change at my garage and all are welcome to stop by and who ever wants to do work on there burg I have a big garage that you can use. Maybe we will do another run up to Bear mountain or even hear down to PA for the first Maxi Scooter meet. Calling Johnny, Joe, Cliff and Alex, lets make it a Burgman party.

·
Registered
355 Posts
you know, this sounds like it could be a great plan...

Depending on everything with my mother in law in the hospital ...

I would like to take another run along the Hudson, see how far it goes then maybe double back up to Bear Mt...

Or even perhaps head into PA for an overnight and back Sunday.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Saturday hookup

Hey guys, still trying to juggle weekend plans to figure out whether I can skip away from the family for a few hours to ride. Keep me posted as to what you're planning. Joe

·
Registered
689 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Saturday ride

So it look like Saturday will be a wash for a ride, well at least in the early am part of the day. Weather calls for rain till after lunch then might see some sun but Sunday looks great with no rain and lot of sun.

I will be pulling the bike apart anyway today to finish my ram mount for the GPS and a few other mods so if anyone had nothing to do and want to pass by you are welcome.

Johnny if the weather hold true as they say we could still do the Hudson river ride along the river on Saturday, Joe are you up for this.

·
Registered
689 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Letting everyone in and around this area know that this Saturday 25th and Sunday 26th will be a great day for a ride up the mountain. We have possible 5 Burg's 650 that might make it, any others want to join.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts