Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
709 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bought a nice bead rider for my seat. It's made beautifully and fits very nicely.

I'm not sure that I'm happy sitting on beads for too long, it's a bit hard and I'm still feeling it 2hrs later.

What do you think about beads?

·
Registered
4,876 Posts
Some swear by them (MacDoc). I prefer the Airwawk.

Heck, for years I just got a couple of inches of upholstery foam, cut it to shape and stuffed it in a pillow case. Tucked the loose end under the butt bumper hardware and rode all day in comfort.

This is the underside, where I safety pinned it. Best part... Never got hot or cold, no matter the weather.

View attachment 28450

Personal ergos are just that, personal. No one can really recommend what is best for you, just what they find comfortable for themselves.

·
Registered
511 Posts
>>What do you think about beads?<<

I tried them and hated them. I didn't much care for the wind whistling around my butt, and every time I came to a stop I felt like I was sliding forward. So, they are now in the hands of a new owner, hopefully happier than I.

·
Registered
709 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I agree rut, I took mine off, the hard beads weren't comfy.

·
Registered
1,468 Posts
Chappy, what color beads did you buy? They come in black and natural, I prefer the natural as they stay cooler in the Florida sun. If you decide to sell them I may be interested even more so if they are the natural color. (or cheap) :p

·
Registered
709 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
Model28......they are black and mint condition..if you want em I'll give em to you, I only sat my 180lbs British ass on them twice, shoot me your address and they'll be heading your way!

·
Registered
1,468 Posts
Chappy thank you for your offer PM sent.

·
Registered
709 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I'll send em out this weekend my man, no worries ode chap!

·
Registered
1,468 Posts
Cool thank you.

·
Registered
3,933 Posts
The beads were very comfy to me when I was overweight but now my butt is too boney for them.

·
Registered
630 Posts
Seats are like mattresses, everyone has a different preference. I find the stock 650 seat a bit too soft (hotspots) and being vinyl, doesn't really breathe (dampspots).

I find the beadrider spreads my weight out better and adds ventilation, which in turn extends my range. It's definitely more slippery than the stock seat, though I don't mind. Moving around keeps the blood flowing. Never been a safety issue for me.

My only quibble is that it's about 1.5" too narrow on either side, which is where it starts to dig in on those longer rides. I haven't tried a sheepskin yet, though the cheapskin (toilet lid cover) didn't really help on my other bike.

·
Registered
1,116 Posts
I have a Beadrider bead setup that I love on my V-Strom. Tried it on my Burgman but didn't work for me on that bike. Bought an Airhawk R for the Burgman and I really like it on the Burgman. Same butt, different bike, different experience.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts