·
Registered
770 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone here use one on a 400?

·
Registered
3,142 Posts
On the 650, on the ST1100 and was using it on the KLR650 but the Sargent seat was so comfy did not need it.

·
Registered
99 Posts
I had one and it made a little difference in prolonging the time until I had but burn, but it really made a difference in keeping things cooler during hot weather riding.

·
Registered
427 Posts
As stated works very well in warm weather. I use on long trips and enjoy the comfort.

·
Registered
1,468 Posts
I don't use the same brand but I do use beads and I would not leave home without them. I also have an Airhawk seat pad and I take it with me on long rides, but if I could only have one it would be the beads. I live in Florida so the ventilation is important to me. Even if I park in the sun it keeps my seat cool enough to sit on which is hard to do in the sun down here. I think the Beadrider is black but if you can get it in clear natural wood finish I would. Black probably looks better but I think it would be hotter than clear. My beads are clear and I like them.

·
Registered
511 Posts
Anyone here use one on a 400?

I gave one a try, but ended up getting rid of it soon after. I didn't like the wind whistling around my butt as well as the feeling I was sliding forward each time I came to a stop. To each his own I guess.

·
Registered
1,056 Posts
My wife and I have each tried them but, do better with AirHawks. She uses the latter all the time riding, while I just break mine out for long rides.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Sat on one for 3k miles round trip from KC to Vegas last summer.

Loved it then.

On a V Strom with Mr Eds seat.

Also I wore padded inner shorts for cycling instead of cotten underwear. The cotten sucks for riding any length of time.

Personally I think a lot of peoples seat complaints could be eliminated if they would try some padded inner cycling shorts for riding, huge difference.

Fairly cheap on ebay.

Also, I think I would like the bead rider more if the beads were smaller.?

The bead rider was too cold for my but come fall though, went with a sheep skin for colder weather.

I don't bother with the cycling inner shorts for short rides though.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Pictures of what these look like/ how thay are installed would be nice. Anyone?

·
Registered
1,468 Posts

·
Registered
66 Posts
Good idea on Bicycle shorts...just ordered a pair on Amazon and for $7.50 it's not a big risk if they don't work.

Sat on one for 3k miles round trip from KC to Vegas last summer.

Loved it then.

Also I wore padded inner shorts for cycling instead of cotten underwear. The cotten sucks for riding any length of time.

Personally I think a lot of peoples seat complaints could be eliminated if they would try some padded inner cycling shorts for riding, huge difference.

Fairly cheap on ebay.

Also, I think I would like the bead rider more if the beads were smaller.?

The bead rider was too cold for my but come fall though, went with a sheep skin for colder weather.

I don't bother with the cycling inner shorts for short rides though.

·
Registered
4,876 Posts

Bicycle shorts, really? Padding is all wrong for a burgman. It's more in the crotch, the burgman riding position requires padding in the back.

Get an Airhawk and be done with it.

·
Registered
770 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Rode up to Whitehorse today (nice ride, but Conway, NH is truly the middle of nowhere), hoped to get 90-degree valve stems, mesh pants, and a seat cushion.

I'm one for three...they didn't have mesh pants ion my size, do not carry valve extenders...but I got an Airhawk 2. WOW! What a difference!

·
Registered
4,876 Posts
Glad we didn't lose you to a bad seat! Remember, just enough air so you clear the seat.

Look into a backrest or butt bumper extension and you'll be set. Everyone has their favorite. This is mine...

http://www.3brothersperformance.com/

1 - 19 of 19 Posts