Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
347 Posts
Maybe you can enlarge the access hole to get a small needle nose pliers to grab the screw heads to exert downward pressure as you back them out. Just an idea to try if nothing else comes up.

·
Premium Member
4,015 Posts
No need to tear anything up just look on You Tube. State the title of your problem and Mich has a video of it.
Chet

Hey CBolling
Look on the You Tube site and check out all of Mich Burman VIDEOS. He even has one on how to remove the back rest on the 400s.

Be sure you are trying to remove the right two screws.

Once I get the screws out they are never put back in. They do next to nothing. You do need the right size screw Japanese driver.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0nV5jBLNB6g

·
Premium Member
4,516 Posts
Try sticking the tips of a needle-nose pliers
into the ends of the tubes...putting pressure
on the ends of the screws, forcing them 'up'
to where the threads can bite, & be unscrewed.
This worked for me.

·
Registered
511 Posts
>>I can't get the 2 little screws out under the seat. They just spin. Anybody else have this problem? What did you do?<<

I had that problem with one of mine too, but for some reason it suddenly decided to back out. I replaced the buttrest with a "Best Backrest", so I never reinstalled the original. If I do, my plan would be to replace those flimsy screws with something more substantial. Had the offending screw not come out my next step would have been to chisel the head off and go from there. There's always something!

·
Registered
1,152 Posts
>>I can't get the 2 little screws out under the seat. They just spin. Anybody else have this problem? What did you do?<<

I had that problem with one of mine too, but for some reason it suddenly decided to back out. I replaced the buttrest with a "Best Backrest", so I never reinstalled the original. If I do, my plan would be to replace those flimsy screws with something more substantial. Had the offending screw not come out my next step would have been to chisel the head off and go from there. There's always something!
Nothing beats a Dremel Tool and a cut-off disk (if it will fit) or a small cutting head and voila, problem solved.

·
Registered
140 Posts
I tried to get those furschlugginer screws out today so I could take off the backrest and give myself some more legroom. I think Suzuki must use Loctite Purple Evil threadlock on them. I couldn't budge them at all.

Related question for those who have done this: What do you use to fill the holes remaining in the seat after you pull the backrest?

·
Registered
1,292 Posts
Can you get a flat head screw driver under the head of the screw and try to lift, or help it up while turning the screwdriver? Maybe a cordless driver would zip it out? (Or strip it out)?

·
Registered
237 Posts
I tried to get those furschlugginer screws out today so I could take off the backrest and give myself some more legroom. I think Suzuki must use Loctite Purple Evil threadlock on them. I couldn't budge them at all.
Yeah, Loctite with impact wrench installation.

Be aware that the foam in that back part of the front section is not as thick and comfortable as the front part of the seat. I did this mod, too, and it's worth it, but it's definitely less comfortable.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts