Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
661 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
On my ride to work this morning I was given a rude reminder of the dangers of riding two wheels. A common T intersection that I really didn't consider too dangerous was closed and they were re-routing traffic around an accident. In the middle of the road was a white sheet. Apparently a car didn't see a bike which wiped out trying to avoid the car. Contact was made and the car didn't stop - and I guess I felt lucky I was "later". I've seen accidents with bikes before, but never the sheet.
I texted my wife a message mid-morning in case it hit the news (of course I didn't mention the accident) - I wanted her to know I was ok and it wasn't me!
Be careful out there!

·
Registered
1,116 Posts
I think that wearing high-visability vests and jackets do help. Glad that you are OK.
And even then, sometimes you just draw the short straw... It sucks but all you can do is assume that no one sees you or if they do see you they are aiming for you.

Ride safe,
Doug in Kentucky

·
Registered
198 Posts
I was hit by a car 2 weeks ago Tuesday even though I was wearing a high viz jacket, white helmet and the bike lights were on. The car stopped at a t-road, the driver appeared to look right at me but when I got in front of her she hit the gas and drove right into the side of me! Funny thing was though traffic was going very slow/backed up and she was doing her driver's test with the instructor!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts