Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
553 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone
I with on my first basic ride with a group of bikers known as (Southern Cruisers) on saturday. We had a wonderful ride almost all the way, There we seven bikes including mine even went through some nice curves and then headed back home. When we were within 1/2 block of where we started the traffic light at that corner for some reason wasn't working.
I was the third bike back and after the two bikers in front of me had went across the intersection I eased out to the edge and after several of the cages that had went across (were talking eight lanes of traffic without a traffic light) and I thought maybe it was my turn and maybe it would be safe I headed accross the intersection and just a few feet past the intersection is the entrance to Carl Jr's where we had started the ride from, I turned into the parking lot and started backing my bike back next to the other two bikes that had went accross and I noticed that they were all excited about something, they were trying to get to thier cell phones and looking back at the intersection where I had just came from I seen that the biker and his passinger that was right behind me had been hit by a pickup and when we got to them and cut his pant leg open we could see that the the male biker's (Mark) leg was broken and his passinger (his stepdaughter) was laying on the ground but she was brused up some, but was ok. This was my first group ride and it really makes you think. I was only 4-6 seconds ahead of him. After they were both on thier way to the hospital we picked his bike and rolled it to another parking lot on that side. I think it was a suzuki 1100cc The only damage to the bike we could find was a cracked left side mirror. It started and one of his friends drove it home for him. Sadly, it will be a ride that I will never forget. SO BE CAREFUL OUT THERE!

If you find it in your heart, say a prayer for these guys (His wife was riding another bike right behind him and seen her husband and her daughter get hit and go down) Bummer

·
Registered
5,363 Posts
Sorry to hear about the incident. Fortunately the injuries were not worse. We worry about deer crossing the road, etc., but we have to remember that people driving cars & trucks are the most dangerous critters out there.

·
Registered
3,323 Posts
I love group rides but really hate it when something like this goes wrong. I'm glad your ok but will have the fallen rider and passenger in my thoughts.

The weather was good up my way yesterday as well and I fought off the urge to unwinterize the 650. On my way to work that night I heard of a road closure due to investigation. They were investigating the first motorcycle fatallity of 2005 in our area. :cry: RIP fallen rider!

·
Registered
13,278 Posts
Please pass on our best wishes to Mark and his stepdaughter. Hope he mends quickly.

·
Registered
925 Posts
I am glad everyone came out of it without any life threatning injuries. Give them my best. JD

1 - 5 of 5 Posts