Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, now I need a new battery for my BurgKong 650, which one would be the best overall and where do I get it?:confused:

·
Premium Member
14,278 Posts
There are a number of places to get one. The first battery I put in mine was from Motobat. That was a good battery and lasted a little over three years. When I replaced it I needed one in a hurry so I just went to WalMart and picked one up of there's. I've had it in the bike a little over 6 months and it has performed well so far.

·
Administrator
20,096 Posts
I won't bash Mottobat too much but I bought one for my son's Ninja 500. Less than two years old and 70 miles and it will not charge. Found out today.

·
Registered
5,795 Posts
...and yet my Motobatt is still going strong after nearly 4 years. My battery was one ordered of four (for friends as well as me). The only one that failed, oh a few weeks ago, was one my friend bought (we were in AZ at the time, my motorcycle sat over the winter this past winter, otherwise I rode it year round) for his GoldWing and it sat for last year and a half with no real use and he just told me it failed. Go figure.

http://burgmanusa.com/forums/12-general-discussion/38475-battery-replacements.html

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I just ordered the YUSA YTX14-BS Battery through Amazon, and got it for $68 SHipped, so, not too bad!

·
Registered
158 Posts
Stock Battery

I'm still running the stock battery in my '06 650, maybe stock is the way to go.

·
Premium Member
14,278 Posts
I'm still running the stock battery in my '06 650, maybe stock is the way to go.
Luck of the draw. The OEM battery in my 07 650 lasted 3 years, about the same as the Motobat. The OEM battery in my 06 400 finally gave up the ghost week before last.

·
Registered
65 Posts
I bought a new Scorpion battery recently from batterystuff.com. The cost was $55 with free shipping, ordered Sunday night, had it on Wednesday(from Oregon to Michigan). I haven't had it long enough to say anything about its longevity, but , so far it's starting my 650 quicker than the Motobatt it replaced ever did. The Motobatt died after 22 months in my case. I would recommend putting any battery you buy on a charger before use to top it off. They say ready to install and use, but, you don't know how long they sat on a shelf before you got it. My two cents worth. FWIW.
Rick.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts