Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
515 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I plan to put my battery tender plug on my 2012 Burgman ,
I have an adapter from Powerlet that allows me to connect my electric vest and or my GPS to the cable.

Two questions ??

1. when i disconnect the battery cables to install the tender cable will i lose the data on the speedo/mile indicator or will it hold it in memory for the few minutes the battery is disconnected ?

2. Is the Burgman charging system strong enough to support both my vest and the GPS at the same time ?

Thanks, Doug

·
Registered
5,582 Posts
DandyDoug said:
1. when i disconnect the battery cables to install the tender cable will i lose the data on the speedo/mile indicator or will it hold it in memory for the few minutes the
battery is disconnected ?
All data will be preserved on the onboard chip, you will not lose anything

2. Is the Burgman charging system strong enough to support both my vest and the GPS at the same time ?
The 650 has one of the best charging systems of any bike, plenty to support your GPS and Vest... use a voltmeter to keep an eye on the charging system and turn one on/off as needed depending on your speed etc...

·
Registered
3,973 Posts
DandyDoug said:
1. when i disconnect the battery cables to install the tender cable will i lose the data on the speedo/mile indicator or will it hold it in memory for the few minutes the
battery is disconnected ?
LeDude said:
All data will be preserved on the onboard chip, you will not lose anything
I'm pretty sure you will loose MPG and Trip Odometer information.

DandyDoug said:
As LeDude said.

·
Registered
1,468 Posts
This is what I do on my car and I'm sure it would work on your scooter IF you have power to a cigarette lighter port. Plug an adapter in your cigarette lighter port hooked to a 9 volt battery. That will supply enough power to your system to hold information.

·
Registered
1,536 Posts
model28a said:
This is what I do on my car and I'm sure it would work on your scooter IF you have power to a cigarette lighter port. Plug an adapter in your cigarette lighter port hooked to a 9 volt battery. That will supply enough power to your system to hold information.

This will keep everything going (and your radio code if you have one). Just make sure you connect plug centre contact to positive battery.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts