Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,209 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
In a past post, somebody got a good deal on a great battery from a firm in Florida. It had a phone number and a name to mention. Battery may have been orange color. I've tried to find it to no avail. Can anybody point me in the right direction?

·
Registered
363 Posts
Thread dated April 16 2009 by Techo. Title was "The ultimate AGM battery for your Burgman for $44.95."

Company was Sunn Battery in Jacksonville Florida. Said to ask for Randy at 904-354-4508. Said to tell him you are a member of Burgmanusa to get the wholesale price.

Battery is a Motobatt. Website is www.motobatt.com.

I have not used them myself. Hope that helps. 8)

·
Registered
5,792 Posts
I should be getting the four batteries I ordered today or tomorrow. I'll let you know after I install it...

http://www.motobatt.com talk to Randy or Karl.

·
Registered
1,209 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for all the help. Burgmanusa comes through again. I'm getting the Motobatt from Randy for $44.95. I like the extgra connections available.

·
Registered
1,209 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
How amazing! I ordered the battery from Motobatt less than 20 hours ago and FEDEX just delivered at 9:45 am. Cost $44.95 plus $11.05 shipping. A real bargain and fast service too. And 2 year warranty. I highly recommend these folks, :wav:

·
Registered
5,792 Posts
Yep, I installed my Motobatt last night in about 20 minutes. Since the terminals are flat screw in (different than the OEM batt) I mounted the terminals sideways so as not to kink or bind the cables. It required attaching one of the included angle terminal attachments to the pos and neg cables FIRST and then mounting the L bracket the battery. Like I said, it took me about twenty minutes to figure it out. ALSO, mounting the cables this way requires you to remove ONE of the 'risers' on the bottom of the batter to drop it a bit so the terminals to extend too high and intrude onto the battery cover. I used a small piece of tape on each side of the battery to hold the riser on the bottom as I inserted the battery (not necessary but the tape keeps the riser from falling down into the hole and allows you to quickly stick the battery in). TIGHEN down all screws firmly as you now have 4 screws instead of two (one for the bracket to cable, and one for the bracket to battery terminal) and you're done.

Motobatt ("SUNN" Battery Company) get's A+ from me!!

·
Registered
1,209 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
QuantumRift

I wonder if I got the same battery. #MBTX12U. It looks to be almost 1 inch higher than the one I took out without the risers. It fit right in though and the cover fits. Maybe when my Burgman 650 was assembled someone put their weak battery in it and took the new battery for himself. My battery was about 9 months old and loses charge over night. I know it is under warranty, but I prefer this better battery. Anyways, the negative terminal mounted without the L shaped thing. The positive fit without the L thing after a trim of the terminal on the wires with a cutting wheel in my brand new Lithium powered Dremel (it's super!).

The battery I took out is a BikeMaster, BT12A-BS. This number does not match number at Ron Ayers YTX14-BS. And at $135 I doubt Suzuki sells many.

·
Registered
5,792 Posts
The OEM battery in my Burgman, is a sealed AGM-style battery, and it was a 14-series as you discovered. The Motobatt battery, as are most of them, designed to replace several batteries, hence the difference in size, though the amperage is just fine.

I expect you would not get much, if anything, pro-rated/refunded on a 9 month old MC battery. I didn't cut or trim anything on my cables, terminals or brackets, and it installed OK with one of the adapter plates removed (plus it keeps the bottom of the battery out of contact with the battery case bottom itself (for whatever that's worth).

·
Registered
1,209 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
You're right on the battery and wire terminals. I should not have modified the ends, but hey, it gave me an excuse to use new Dremel for the first time.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.