Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My burgman 650 battery dead i made a jump start but once i remove the jumper the engine stops again why??

·
Registered
715 Posts
Because the battery powers everything on modern bikes. As soon as the battery dies the bike quits running. New battery needed

·
Premium Member
8,035 Posts
why did battery die? maybe do a battery full charge and charging test on bike? i hate spending refreshing beverage money without checking for a cheaper way

·
Administrator
18,201 Posts
Welcome to the forums.

If you want to do some testing go to this forum page. There are some links and some ideas to look at.

Reactions: s-steel

·
Premium Member
8,035 Posts
if it charged and it dies after, wouldnt the stator hold the battery and charge to keep things awake?
yeah, that's what I'm thinkin, unless the battery has a direct short inside a cell that causes the stator to just try to blow up the battery instead of powering the bike

·
Registered
715 Posts
if it charged and it dies after, wouldnt the stator hold the battery and charge to keep things awake?
In short no the charging system goes to the battery the battery powers everything. When your battery voltage drops below 12v everything will start shutting down. You may still get lights dash etc but ECU fuel pump etc will not power up.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts