Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
408 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bought my 09 in early 2011 new so my question is, when do they drop the battery in? I don't know if I'm sitting on a 5 year old battery or a 3 year old battery? Lately I've notice my lights dim when I raise or lower my windshield. I'm thinking it might be time for a new battery.

·
Registered
4,876 Posts
Most shops will test it for free. But of course, if it is bad you'll feel obligated to buy one from them.

I just recently started my wife's car and noticed it was just a little slow to crank. Told her she'd need a new battery soon, perhaps a week on the outside. Next day it was dead.

So a slightly slow crank, short amount of cranking time, perhaps dim lights. All indications of a bad battery. My guess is with an 09, you're looking at a five YO battery. Time for a new one.

·
Registered
735 Posts
The headlights also dim when the CVT motor runs. Try it in manual mode to see it, it's pretty neat. That dimming is not a battery issue, it's just a voltage-drop issue ... and light output of a halogen is proportional to the cube (3rd power) of the applied voltage, meaning a tiny voltage change makes a noticeable difference in light output. The drop is probably occurring in the cable run from the battery to wherever it joins the headlight and windshield circuit.

My K4 has a 2008 battery in it, still strong. Those years include several where the bike just sat around (previous owner only rode it 2000 miles) which is the best way to kill a lead-acid battery if it isn't on a trickle charger.

·
Registered
2,810 Posts
Your battery is an 09 you can bank on that , no dealer is going to put a new battery in a left over unless it's dead . I just replace the battery in my 09 Tmax which sits on a tender for the most part . It wasn't quite dead and it still started the bike , but I could tell by the way it cranked , and the amount of time it took to get a green light on the tender after using it that it was on its way out . So unless you wanted to get stranded some where I would replace it NOW !

TheReaper!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts