Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,863 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Are we 400 riders stuck with a certain brand of battery. Or type. As the battery sets in its cubby on its side.

Hmm, could buy a larger standard battery and install it in the back of the luggage compartment? Just thinking ahead. More amps, why not :confused:

·
Registered
1,545 Posts
Hi Mike, I wouldn't. No need. The standard battery is fine and shouldn't give any problems if used regularly. I wouldn't want any extra weight either especially at the back of the bike. I've never yet heard of anyone wanting more amps for any reason. Do you have some special reasons for wanting this? If so, junk them! You really won't need the extra amps unless you are considering 'time travel' or something!! Also to do time travel, you need at least 24volts from a battery....and that makes the Burgman unsuitable for that!

·
Registered
1,863 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
more amps because a hard start will drain less % of the battery, that's all. No I'm not putting in subwoofers

·
Registered
1,479 Posts
You really won't need the extra amps unless you are considering 'time travel' or something!! Also to do time travel, you need at least 24volts from a battery....and that makes the Burgman unsuitable for that!
No 12 volts is fine but you do have to have 1.21 gigawatts to power the flux capacitor!:D
BTW, 1.21 gigawatts would be 100800000 amps!

·
Registered
1,113 Posts
Guess I shouldn't expect the standard harness to handle that... ;)

·
Registered
1,468 Posts
You can find a battery with more amps that is the same size and if you buy a lithium battery you can even find one smaller than the OEM battery.

·
Registered
1,545 Posts
No 12 volts is fine but you do have to have 1.21 gigawatts to power the flux capacitor!:D
BTW, 1.21 gigawatts would be 100800000 amps!
I think you'll find it depends what size flux capacitor you have! I use a small digital one but if you are using the old analogue type then I guess the more gigawatts the better especially if you want to jump a long way into the future.

·
Registered
347 Posts
Call the Energizer Bunny, If he can fire up a flying saucer, a burgman should be no problem.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts