Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've never gone ''all out'' with any of the motorcycles I've had in the past -- just tried to keep them clean as often as possible, and keep them covered when not in use or being serviced. But I'm planning on holding onto my B-400 and I want to take a little more than the ordinary pride in it, but I'm clueless about what products to use-- and on what parts they can safely be used on --after I've given her a good bathing. So please help me out.

What would be a good/decent wax or other product to retain the luster of the main body? What would be a good/decent product for the plastic housings and such? And what, if anything, could/should I use on the windshield and headlamp cover? And how often should I use them?

The product don't have to be (and hopefully won't be) wallet-breakers, just something that works well at a moderate price.

Thank you. Aloha.

''Tropical Storm Adrian''

:spam1:

·
Registered
409 Posts
Believe it or not, Lemon Pledge on the bike and windscreen. I personally use a motorcyle cleaner and windshield cleaner on my 650

·
Registered
572 Posts
To clean the the bike, I use "Glosser" wipes. It's a cleaning cloth that applies a bit of wax as you wipe. I don't need to wash it down with water because it's never been that dirty. I think a quick detailing spray and a microfibre cloth would work just as well.

I'm using Eagle One Nanowax on mine. It's really fast to apply and really easy to take off. The Nanowax is great because unlike regular waxes, if you get some on the black plastic parts, it comes off and doesn't leave a white residue.

For the windshield, Meguiars Clear Plastic Cleaner #17 is great for removing minor scratches. Otherwise, I just use clean water and a microfibre cloth.

·
Registered
247 Posts

·
Registered
13,278 Posts
Soap and water for a good cleaning and Honda polish on all plastics (including windshield) for touch-ups.

·
Registered
5,363 Posts
Hondabrite (squirt on then hose off) for major cleaning. It is S100 cleaner packaged for Honda. Fast, easy, and does a good job of getting all that black crud off off the wheels. Simple Green is the next best alternative.

Honda Cleaner/Polish for bug removal, clean up between washes, and also to detail the scooter after washing. I tried Lemon Pledge for a while. It is not as good as the Honda product.

Other than a few towels, that's all you need. I've used this approach on my last few motorcycles. They all looked great when I sold them - including my 7 year old, 66,000 mile, Kawasaki Concours.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts