Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just wondering how many bars should appear on the Burg 650's temp gauge when it's fully warmed-up. I've only had the opportunity to ride my scooter 3 times since purchased in late DEC. 03. Air temperatures ranged from 40 to 55 degrees. On all three rides, the temp gauge on my Burgman, when at operating temperature, showed 3 Bars. Is this typical, and also, I wonder how much the normal reading would change with summer air temps in the 90's or higher. What's been your experience?

·
Registered
3,323 Posts
I've never experienced any more than 3 bars on my gauge. It seems to be the normal operating temp.

·
Registered
276 Posts
Bars on temp guage

Three bars is all we have seen, summer or winter, even two up, with luggage, in France during a pretty hot (For France) summer.

Regards

·
Registered
48 Posts
hi rode mine down to palm springs california last summer and it was 114 degrees there and mine never got over 3 bars either

·
Registered
5,363 Posts
Temp Gauge

My Burgman 650 temperature gauge also stays at 3 bars after warmup. Doesn't matter if it's 20 degrees outside or 100 degrees. I find that a little bizzare. The temp gauge on my '03 Suzuki V-Strom will vary between 2 bars and 4 bars depending on conditions. It will definitely climb if I am idling at a traffic light in hot weather. But the Burgman just stays at 3 bars.

So, either the Burgman has an awesome cooling system, or the temp gauge has been programmed to show 3 bars after warmup regardless of engine temperature... I'm hoping that it is the awesome cooling system thing...

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I for one, am sure hoping it's the awesome cooling system thing! Three bars seems to be the 'standard' operating temp. based on the above responses. If I ever see 4 bars....I'm going to panic :shock: .... as something has likely malfunctioned. Does anyone know the maximum number of bars that exist on the temp gauge? I seem to remember reading that there are 5 total but I'm not sure.

·
Registered
793 Posts
Check coolant reservoir for proper level and clean the radiator fins.

Alot of tar-like spray on the lower part of radiator gets baked in
from the road.

Owners book says not to use car wash spray but I hold nozzle out
far away just to get bugs and dirt out after bike cools down.

When thermostat ages and coolant gets old,
I would expect bars to rise above 3.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts