Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
280 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Do you dare simply remove the screw and remove the bar end? On a V-Strom that leads to disaster because all kinds of stuff fall into the center of the bar. I have a throttle lock that needs a little more play between the switch module and the rubber grip. I'm hoping I can slide the grip out a bit by loosening or removing the bar end.

·
Registered
1,055 Posts
Don't remove the screw...just loosen it. Thad decompressed a rubber insert and allows the whole assembly to be removed or, just repositioned. Then, retighten the screw.

·
Registered
753 Posts
Don't remove the screw...just loosen it. Thad decompressed a rubber insert and allows the whole assembly to be removed or, just repositioned. Then, retighten the screw.
I just wish that those on my 650 Burg would stay tight. I tried some Loctite and plain old fingernail polish on the insert as someone suggested and that only last for a couple of days. Sunsabitches making me mad now.

Anyone ever fixed theirs for good?

·
Registered
4,876 Posts
I just wish that those on my 650 Burg would stay tight. I tried some Loctite and plain old fingernail polish on the insert as someone suggested and that only last for a couple of days. Sunsabitches making me mad now.

Hairspray? Just an idea. Works great on grips.

·
Administrator
20,100 Posts

I did a mod that helps. I'll search for it. I posted it a few years ago.

http://burgmanusa.com/forums/12-gen...n-s-guide-reinstalling-fallen-end-weight.html

http://burgmanusa.com/forums/23-newbie-questions/56297-bar-end-weights-stupid-question.html

·
Registered
350 Posts

·
Registered
806 Posts

I did! Try tightening it with an impact wrench. Mine never ever got loose again. Just tap it lightly a few times.

·
Registered
753 Posts
I did! Try tightening it with an impact wrench. Mine never ever got loose again. Just tap it lightly a few times.
Hey Marv

Are you talking about an impact driver? The kind that you hit with a hammer? Just wanted to clarify that we were on the same page here.

·
Administrator
20,100 Posts
Hey Marv

Are you talking about an impact driver? The kind that you hit with a hammer? Just wanted to clarify that we were on the same page here.
Yep, thats what I use for most items on bikes. The shock while twisting does the job without striping the head or threads. It will snug down a screw much tighter than you can with a screwdriver.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts