Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,865 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The stock ones (particularly the left one) works loose. Especially when I back the bike into its parking space, and grab the bar end weight instead of the hand grip.

I could keep tightening them, but has anyone found an aftermarket alternative that works well?

·
Registered
69 Posts
Could you wrap it once or twice with electrical tape before you tighten it? The tape should act as a shim and hopefully keep them in place for you.

·
Registered
585 Posts
I had the left one drop off a couple of weeks ago. I was in a left hand corner and under an overpass and heard then saw something hit the pavement behind me and roll to the side of the road. There was no other traffic around so out of curiosity I made a u turn and went back to where the 'object' was. I looked at it and knew immediately what it was - I picked it up and jammed it back into place where it remains today. Suzuki should have made these weights with screw-on threads. Or bayonet lugs. These weights are an afterthought at best.

Good thing it dropped off when it did - that road led me onto a busy freeway where it could have taken out somebody's windshield. And I'd have had no way to pick it up then.

·
Premium Member
4,516 Posts
Got tired of bar-ends coming loose...
bought a pair of Manic Salamanders
off Ebay...cheaper than stock.
Everything's tight now.

·
Registered
74 Posts
I tried to keep mine tight but lost one anyway. Ended up putting on the Kuryakyn grips--they are excellent. No vibration and my fat hands are happy. I know some folks find them too big, but they're perfect for me.

If anyone wants the one weight I took off, PM me and it's yours for the cost of shipping.

CB

·
Registered
1,116 Posts
Mine loosen up all the time. I think I am going to replace them with a set of bar end mirrors and take care of all of my blind spots.

Doug from Kentucky

·
Registered
1,912 Posts
Have you tried using a strap wrench instead of screwdriver? I experienced the same issue when I had my 400 and found I just couldn't get it tight enough with a screwdriver so used one of my strap wrenches and was able to get sucker really tight.

Strap Wrench.jpg

1 - 10 of 10 Posts