Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
515 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Out riding today i really noticed the wind and cold on my hips and legs.

Talking with my bud who was on his Kawasaki 1400 something or other he said i should look in to some" Baker Built Air Wings" he has them on the Kawasaki and his Goldwing

www.bakerbuilt.com/bbairwings/page43.html

Wondered if anyone has them and what they thought ??

Thanks, Doug

·
Premium Member
110 Posts
If you ride in the cold winter, yes, they are very worth while.
When riding at freezing or below I found that even with heavy riding gear the outside upper portion of legs-thighs, would become very cold.
With the air-wings, the wind is directed away from your thighs. Much better.
If you are a fair weather rider, I don't see any real benefit.

·
Registered
515 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I ride pretty much year round, unless it's icy or snowy.
Am also a most of the gear , most of the time type. But hate being all bulked up with liners and padding.
I do use an electric vest when it gets too cold for my old bones.

Just like the idea of re-directing the wind away from me, but do not want to add something to my Burgman that looks like some kind of rube goldberg , appendage.

·
Registered
515 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I like them as they follow the body contour.
What I am not sure about is how much they would interfere with my feet or knees.

Does anyone have them mounted who can comment ??

·
Premium Member
14 Posts
I got a pair from Robinsons Foundry (at considerable $) - they are useful for keeping wind blast and water off the pilot but useless for the pillion - the original intended beneficiary. No problem re boot interference.

Baker air wings work but sure are ugly! and require drilling holes in tupperware.

Cheers

·
Registered
515 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I agree that the Baker Built Airwings have a face only a mother could love.
But the Burgman is no particular beauty itself. :D

I plan to keep mine as my last two wheeled conveyance ,
then go back to 4 wheels. ( probably in the rest home "Shady Pines") with a drool cup and depends :D

But in the mean time i want as much comfort as i can possibly achieve at the lowest cost factor. :thumbup:

·
Registered
183 Posts
It would be nice to have some type of air deflector but that one by Baker doesn't even start to follow the lines of the bike. Ugly as hell in my humble opinion...

I'm thinking that this would be something a guy could make with simple tools...sounds like a winter garage project.

·
Premium Member
110 Posts
FYI
if you do get the BakerAirWings, it comes with hardware and everything you need to mount properly.
It comes with plastic screws to hold the air wings to the metal frame work.
Don't replace the plastic screw.
My scooter had a ~5mph dump. All the plastic screws on that side sheared off with no damage to the air wing itself.
I straightened up the bracket, replaced the plastic screw and put it back together.
No sigh of damage. :cheers:
I also have the clear wings. They are really not very noticeable.

Attachments

1 - 10 of 10 Posts