Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2,834 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
During 300 mile ride yesterday had incredible vibration past 65mph approx., could feel this slap under feet in floorboard, mirror shake so badly could not see in them and of course handle bar shake incredibly, worst vibration ever have during last 10 year of Burgie 650 ownership or on most bike, have 2 new tire install with approx 1500-1600 mile wear, Bstone Battlax TH01 front, Michelin Pilot Sport SC rear, both balance with 2 once of Dynabead in each, Dynabead balancing have always do good job in past. Will check both tire today for foreign object and have both wheel remove to verify bearaings, rear brake is extremely tight on disc also.

Vibration stop below 60-65mph and every thing smooth as glass again.

Welcome additional suggestion and thought.

·
Registered
2,810 Posts
I would pull the beads ASAP , I had trouble with a set and had the dealer break them down and remove them and rebalance the wheels . The mechanic told me he has seen them wear through the tires from the inside out and many a wobble story . I'll never use them again .

TheReaper!

·
Registered
16 Posts
I've had bad luck with a rear Michelin Pilot. Left me stranded on the skyline drive in Va. I've also had a wobble due to bad bearings. That seemed more consistent a different speeds.

·
Registered
1,545 Posts
I've seen damage to the internals of a tyre from dynabeads too. But in 1600 miles I doubt that's the cause. If you don't have some foreign object in a tire or another tire problem such as a bump or bulge then you must look to wheel bearings and failing that the transmission area. Cherie, come back with what you find. Probably nothing too serious.

·
Registered
2,834 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
I would pull the beads ASAP , I had trouble with a set and had the dealer break them down and remove them and rebalance the wheels . The mechanic told me he has seen them wear through the tires from the inside out and many a wobble story . I'll never use them again .

TheReaper!
Thank you for reply, have been using beads many years now, never have such problem before, never worn inside tire, will have both wheel remove and all bearing check, have beads remove and balance with weight to analyse difference. Hit many hole in road and perhaps one wheel not good.

·
Registered
2,834 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
I've seen damage to the internals of a tyre from dynabeads too. But in 1600 miles I doubt that's the cause. If you don't have some foreign object in a tire or another tire problem such as a bump or bulge then you must look to wheel bearings and failing that the transmission area. Cherie, come back with what you find. Probably nothing too serious.
Thank you for reply, presently do not suspect SECVT, bad vibration coincide with install of 2 new tire, already have several bearing change in rear wheel ( abnormal ) and both front bearing never change at all, have hit many hole in road as well so perhaps bad or damage wheel.

·
Registered
2,834 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
I've had bad luck with a rear Michelin Pilot. Left me stranded on the skyline drive in Va. I've also had a wobble due to bad bearings. That seemed more consistent a different speeds.
Thank you for reply, plan on having all bearing verify. In past must have use 12 rear Michelin Pilot Sport SC on both 650, this would be first time have problem with Michelin Pilot Sport.

·
Registered
255 Posts
While I have run DynaBeads for many miles and never had a problem with them, there is nothing out there fool proof. Cherie, did the vibration just start suddenly? While looking at bearings is a good idea, you may have had a internal failure with one of the belts used in the construction of the tire. I've run across that personally with my work truck ( before I retired) and also my POV. Just something else to consider.

Greg

·
Premium Member
14,278 Posts
You might also lift each wheel off the ground then observe it while you spin it to see if you have a tire that is out of round. While rare that does occasionally happen.

·
Registered
2,834 Posts
Discussion Starter #10 (Edited)
Did few test, bike start do this at 5750-6000 + rpm and this on older rough pavement, it settle down on good pavement surface, it obviously suspension problem, both front & rear suspension soft now, will clean and change oil in front fork change to 15 grade fork oil instead of Suzuki recommend 10, may leave a bit larger air gap in front fork to soften ride a bit with 15 fork oil. Rear will install new shock set, considering Hagon & Ikon for this.

After front fork maintenance if not happy with front suspension will change fork spring later also.

Will also change two front wheel bearing to SKF bearing.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts