Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner
161 - 169 of 169 Posts

·
Super Moderator
5,379 Posts
OK
I was thinking it would be easier for us :)
(I hadn’t gotten as far Dave’s post, sorry it sounded like repetition)

·
Registered
Blue 2007 Burgie 400
90 Posts
Discussion Starter · #162 ·
OK
I was thinking it would be easier for us :)
(I hadn’t gotten as far Dave’s post, sorry it sounded like repetition)
Yes, I get that the thread is a confused/confusing mess, and some (maybe a lot!) of what I'm posting comes across as utter nonsense. Sorry about that.

I will try to write more clearly, and direct comments or questions more specifically IF/WHEN the purpose of what I'm posting is more specific. A lot of what I'm doing now is just antsy fidgeting, though, until I sort out what the heck I'm gonna ride. 🤷‍♀️

Quick ! Posted 22 hours ago…Dallas Area just south of Greenville.
(972) 979-xxxx
Scoot sold to caller #1 before I even got a look at it. :(

Slowpoke said:
used PCX 150 (bronze, but listed as "silver") 2019 @ local private seller, asking $3100
"second owner, bought with 200 miles on it, has 1200 now. excellent condition"
email sent (early this morning), asked about maybe seeing it today.
No reply yet. The listing is one week old, so scoot might be gone. Anyone know the Craigslist etiquette on how long I should wait for reply before sending a second inquiry?

·
Premium Member
4,133 Posts
Yes, I get that the thread is a confused/confusing mess, and some (maybe a lot!) of what I'm posting comes across as utter nonsense. Sorry about that.

I will try to write more clearly, and direct comments or questions more specifically IF/WHEN the purpose of what I'm posting is more specific. A lot of what I'm doing now is just antsy fidgeting, though, until I sort out what the heck I'm gonna ride. 🤷‍♀️

Scoot sold to caller #1 before I even got a look at it. :(

No reply yet. The listing is one week old, so scoot might be gone. Anyone know the Craigslist etiquette on how long I should wait for reply before sending a second inquiry?
Darn, I was praying you got that one. Really no etiquette with CL …. most do not remove sold items. Shoot another reply … if no answer in 24 hours consider it gone.

·
Registered
631 Posts
Sometimes your email gets filtered out of the seller’s mailbox as spam, or such. I always choose telephone # for voice or text over email whenever the seller posts it, for that reason.

·
Registered
Blue 2007 Burgie 400
90 Posts
Discussion Starter · #166 ·
Sometimes your email gets filtered out of the seller’s mailbox as spam, or such. I always choose telephone # for voice or text over email whenever the seller posts it, for that reason.
Email was the only option available on that listing.

Darn, I was praying you got that one. Really no etiquette with CL …. most do not remove sold items. Shoot another reply … if no answer in 24 hours consider it gone.
2nd email sent, fingers crossed.

·
Registered
Blue 2007 Burgie 400
90 Posts
Discussion Starter · #167 ·
Monday afternoon: Lamented losing out on chance to see/buy the bargain 2019 PCX that Daris spotted on craigslist. Sent second inquiry to seller of the 2019 PCX that I had previously flagged on craigslist.

Monday evening: Finally quit waffling and made HARD NO decision about the 2019 B400 in Shreveport. (Rust on forks, gnarly crankcase gasket.) Contacted pre-booked transporter and uShip to initiate cancellation and refund. Also made NOT RIGHT NOW decision on pursuing purchase of any other B400, new or used. The third generation styling changes are downgrades, IMO, and finding the "right" secondhand second generation Burgie will take time and energy that I can't spare this year.

Discussed PCX model options with hubs. He offered to kick in funding to cover all dealer fees if I decided to buy NEW, to ease the hit on my "moto mad money" nest egg.

Tuesday morning: Opened my email to happy surprise. The first craigslist private seller still had 2019 PCX 150 available, and could show it on Wednesday (my day off/shopping opportunity). Had an enjoyable text message exchange with the seller in which we discussed scheduling and safety gear. Some potential buyers would not or did not bring helmet-- no test rides for them, better luck for me! We were also simpatico on the topic of daredevil highway riders wearing optional FF helmet with shorts and sandals. (Better to cash out quick then deal with THAT much road rash.)

Sent email to the dealership in Shreveport, requesting return of my $500 deposit on the 2019 B400. Mentioned the gnarly gasket in case they care enough to fix or disclose before selling the unit to someone else. (Not holding my breath. Caveat emptor.)

Tuesday evening: Studied up on differences between the 2019 (so-called bronze) 2020 (red) and 2021 (white) versions of the Honda PCX, each of which were available new at local dealerships. Reminded myself several times that the 2021, despite some spec upgrades from prior models (157cc instead of 149cc, 4 valves instead of 2, more space in the trunk, etc) was STILL not gonna match performance and amenities of B400. Bottom line? Better to buy the less expensive (used) 2019 scoot, if viable, and save nearly $2K for other two-wheeling expenditures, including some PCX accessories

Wednesday: Met with private seller of the 2019 (so-called bronze) PCX. Visited for more than an hour while I checked out the scoot, discussing our riding experiences and future plans, etc. (Now that she's got about 1 year/1K miles under her belt, she's got her eye on moving up to a Honda CBR300. Meanwhile, I have decided to temporarily downsize, while I take my time hoping/learning to wrench Bella the B400 back into reliable use.) The scoot is super clean, was serviced on schedule by dealership, and was ridden carefully by current owner. I did only a brief and low speed (about 30mph max) test ride, because there had been intermittent storms, but everything pretty much* checked out. We made arrangements to finalize the transaction this weekend.

Just for kicks, I also went to the dealerships on Wednesday to recheck OTD pricing for new 2019-2021 models of the PCX. Was sorry to see that (kinda like with the B400 situation) the tech upgrades to the latest model included some styling downgrades, IMO.

Friday night: I found YouTube tutorials to help me better assess the one aspect* of this used scoot that might need attention. I do not think it's gonna be a deal-breaker, but it might lead to some renegotiation on the $3100 asking price. I also set up a new quote with Progressive that I can easily activate before riding the scoot home; in addition, I plan to lower coverage on Bella until she's back on the road.

So-- soon enough, I expect to be the happy owner of either a gently used 2019 PCX 150 in "Bright so-called Bronze Metallic", or a pricier new Pearl White 2021 PCX. Either way, this mess of a General thread will end. Further adventures in wrenching will go into the model specific forums, to the relief of mods and readers both, I'm sure. 😵‍💫 😝

Slow-wordy-poke

*Specifically, I will be using soapy water to check valves and rims for air leakage, and setting up a stationary (screwdriver on box, or some such) reference point to better check for anything out of true on the rims. The tires and rims both looked fine when I eyeballed them on Wednesday, but tire pressure both front and rear measured markedly low. We used seller's air compressor to correct that before my test ride, and she agreed to NOT make any adjustments before I recheck on my return this weekend. I'm confident she will be true to her word. Could be the tires were low due to an easily correctable valve or seating issue (in which case I believe she will lower price) or it could be just a combo of weather change and insufficient attention.

·
Premium Member
17,823 Posts
tpms systems cheap and reliable I have one on each bike and one on my car (aftermarket on the 2001 impala)

post some pics when you get it home :)

·
Super Moderator
5,379 Posts
It isn’t unusual for people to run low pressure.
Back when I was involved in traffic checks about half of drivers didn’t know what their pressures should be and more than a quarter far below the correct pressure. More recent surveys show that hasn’t changed.

161 - 169 of 169 Posts