141 - 160 of 169 Posts

·
Registered
Blue 2007 Burgie 400
90 Posts
Discussion Starter · #141 ·
pcx150 notes

new (red) 2020 @ dealer $3700 (plus, plus, plus) approx $5100 OTD
new 156.9cc (white) 2021 @ same dealer (in stock, or not?) $3800 plus, plus, plus
new ("bright bronze metallic") 2019 @ other local dealer $3700 plus, plus, plus

used (that color, but listed as "silver") 2019 @ local private seller, asking $3100
"second owner, bought with 200 miles on it, has 1200 now. excellent condition"
email sent, asked about maybe seeing it today. my TTL estimate ~$300

OEM windscreen $250-$280
National Cycle tall or tallest screen $130-$135 plus shipping
Givi screen & mounting kit $133 plus shipping

Givi TB1163 passenger backrest $104 plus shipping
dual backrest custom seat from Thailand ~$260 inc. shipping, might take a month or more

·
Premium Member
4,133 Posts
pcx150 notes

new (red) 2020 @ dealer $3700 (plus, plus, plus) approx $5100 OTD
new 156.9cc (white) 2021 @ same dealer (in stock, or not?) $3800 plus, plus, plus
new ("bright bronze metallic") 2019 @ other local dealer $3700 plus, plus, plus

used (that color, but listed as "silver") 2019 @ local private seller, asking $3100
"second owner, bought with 200 miles on it, has 1200 now. excellent condition"
email sent, asked about maybe seeing it today. my TTL estimate ~$300

OEM windscreen $250-$280
National Cycle tall or tallest screen $130-$135 plus shipping
Givi screen & mounting kit $133 plus shipping

Givi TB1163 passenger backrest $104 plus shipping
dual backrest custom seat from Thailand ~$260 inc. shipping, might take a month or more
Quick ! Posted 22 hours ago…Dallas Area just south of Greenville.
  • (972) 979-0779

·
Registered
Blue 2007 Burgie 400
90 Posts
Discussion Starter · #145 ·
Quick! is asking a lot of a slowpoke...

PCX 150 listing tip from Daris.

Seller is an ol' country boy about an hour away from me. Says he bought the PCX about six months ago from original owner, some 74 y/o dude who had put 700 miles on it. Seller has ridden it a couple hundred miles out there in the country. Keeps it (covered?) on his covered back porch, says it has one small scrape on the faring from where the original owner brushed up against his own car.

Says he is selling because he just isn't riding it that much. Claims that he has the title signed over by original owner, but that he did NOT bother gettting it registered in his own name because the tags don't expire until December.

Seller is out running errands right now, will be available to show the bike this afternoon and would let me test ride it. He also said that he has had one other inquiry this morning, but he will call me back first.

Red flag on the title? Advice?

·
Registered
1,944 Posts
ahem... if you're getting the itch for a new drug ride, does that by any chance mean that you would be looking to sell the one you're on now? :unsure:
For some time I've tended towards adding to, rather than replace, but I've actually asked myself that question a couple times regarding the Burgman. Considering all the work I've put into it getting it "just right", and how much I like the look and the ride, if I were to let it go I think I would instantly regret it. So going to hang on to it for now. Could I interest you in a nice DR650 with an unattached sidecar kit? 😉

I haven't ridden a PCX but I have a friend who just got a new one and is quite pleased with it overall and says it has ample acceleration and speed for his needs.

·
Registered
1,944 Posts
I don't know about the title...don't think it would be a deal breaker, but could be a PITB. Ideally he could just sign the title over to you and you would handle the transfer, but what I suspect could have to happen is the current owner will have to officially transfer it to his name and pay fees and taxes before being able to transfer it to you. I would make a call to the DMV to find out the procedure before spending too much time on it.

Reactions: mikeyMarine

·
Registered
Blue 2007 Burgie 400
90 Posts
Discussion Starter · #149 ·
Called the DMV in sellers locale. Sounds like current owner will have to do as Gary said: Go do the dang paperwork & pay fees to switch from Original Owner to current owner name before selling. Or... depending on exactly what signatures & dates are on the title... we will have to get an affidavit from Original Owner saying that the sale didn't actually go through.

PITB either way, but I guess that I will still go look at (and test ride, hehe) if I can, then discuss options.

nah you asked for a show of hands so i sent you a few
dagnabbit, Mikey... you ain't helping my indecisiveness about the Shreveport bike.

·
Premium Member
4,133 Posts
Quick! is asking a lot of a slowpoke...

PCX 150 listing tip from Daris.

Seller is an ol' country boy about an hour away from me. Says he bought the PCX about six months ago from original owner, some 74 y/o dude who had put 700 miles on it. Seller has ridden it a couple hundred miles out there in the country. Keeps it (covered?) on his covered back porch, says it has one small scrape on the faring from where the original owner brushed up against his own car.

Says he is selling because he just isn't riding it that much. Claims that he has the title signed over by original owner, but that he did NOT bother gettting it registered in his own name because the tags don't expire until December.

Seller is out running errands right now, will be available to show the bike this afternoon and would let me test ride it. He also said that he has had one other inquiry this morning, but he will call me back first.

Red flag on the title? Advice?
Advice

The Great Thing is the seller is an old Texan…. but just to be safe:

1. Take a friend on any craigslist deal that you can’t meet at Starbucks
2. Never Take a bunch of cash at initial viewing or test drive …leave small deposit.
3. Meet at Title Dept when he does his paperwork, pay him there and get title in your name.

Reactions: Dave_J

·
Administrator
22,070 Posts
Making a assumption on a blurry picture of a gasket or rust on the forks on if you should buy it?

I know its too far to go back for a second peek but maybe the sales manager would snap some better pictures of those areas. If not, I'd pass it up with no remorse.

·
Registered
Blue 2007 Burgie 400
90 Posts
Discussion Starter · #152 ·
Making a assumption on a blurry picture of a gasket or rust on the forks on if you should buy it?

I know its too far to go back for a second peek but maybe the sales manager would snap some better pictures of those areas. If not, I'd pass it up with no remorse.
There are multiple pictures of the gasket area, about 10 of them, in the album that I posted. THAT part I looked at very closely with my own eyes, as well as taking photos. Was hoping to get second or third opinions here about what would explain that gasket looking so funky. The possible rusty fork is more uncertain, and I could ask for better pictures of it-- but the gasket seems like a bigger problem, unless there's a non-worrisome explanation on offer here.

·
Registered
648 Posts
Automotive tire Hood Tread Motor vehicle Bumper
The brown arrow is,(to my eye), rust. The red arrow is, (to my eye), chrome plate, lifting.

There, I've repeated myself. Hope I'm wrong, but wouldn't have posted if I thought I was.
I saw EXACTLY the same thing on a 4000 miler B400 in Scarborough, North Yorkshire, last year.
That dealer was decent enough to point it out to me. And the cost to replace £££.
(Scarborough, coincidentally, is a coast town).

·
Registered
631 Posts
In NH, you only need to show bill of sale, and if it’s less than 10 years old, a title signed over to you. Doesn’t matter if the previous owner registered it for driving.

·
Administrator
22,070 Posts
As a 650 owner that has never even sat on a 400 I do not know even after looking at all the Gallerie pictures what that is. It looks like a lot of Black RTV squished out from the gaps of the two cases.

Are those two cases normally split to do a service?
If NOT, Run, do not walk away from a NEWER 2019 that has had to have its main engine case opened. RED FLAGS FOR ME!

But as said, I know nothing but what I've read about 400's so I need not comment anymore. Some AN400 owners should be able to answer.

I would have split the two topics off so one was about fixing the CURRENT 400 and another about shopping and questions about doing that. Maybe a Moderator with AN400 knowledge can help.

·
Registered
Blue 2007 Burgie 400
90 Posts
Discussion Starter · #156 ·
GAH. I HATE SHOPPING!

Slowpoke said:
Checked in with seller just now and he decided to call the other guy back first, since the other guy inquired first, and lemme know later if that guy doesn't buy. Fair enough, I guess, but AAAAARRRGGGGHHH! Even if this wasn't gonna be the one, I was (am) jonesing bad to get another PCX look & ride to help me make up my mind.

It looks like a lot of Black RTV squished out from the gaps of the two cases.

Are those two cases normally split to do a service? If NOT, Run, do not walk away from a NEWER 2019 that has had to have its main engine case opened. RED FLAGS FOR ME!
Yeah, I'm leaning more and that way, between the crankcase and the forks. Too dang much money to spend on uncertainties. Was just really hoping to check out PCX again before I committed to HARD PASS on the Shreveport Burgie.

I would have split the two topics off so one was about fixing the CURRENT 400 and another about shopping and questions about doing that.
For me, it's all part of the same messy & scatter-brained dilemma, Dave, at least until I get SOMETHING that I can be riding daily. Don't intend to be a trouble-maker but it's easier for me to keep track of just the one thread, for now, if that's okay. :confused:

·
Super Moderator
5,379 Posts
Hi slowpoke.
I’m struggling to follow this thread and which bike is which, I think others might be too.

Would it help if I separated things out into 2-3 threads, each with a single subject/bike to focus on?

·
Registered
Blue 2007 Burgie 400
90 Posts
Discussion Starter · #158 ·
" T-CLOCS " , and Keep Calm.(y)
well, I've got the "carrying on" (and on and on and on) part down.

Hi slowpoke.
I’m struggling to follow this thread and which bike is which, I think others might be too.

Would it help if I separated things out into 2-3 threads, each with a single subject/bike to focus on?
sigh

·
Premium Member
4,133 Posts
Ahh….leave it as One Big Pokey Pot.

It’s like M*A*S*H* the Movie but with all the tv episodes somehow stitched together.

·
Registered
Blue 2007 Burgie 400
90 Posts
Discussion Starter · #160 ·
Hi slowpoke.

Would it help ...
apparently the belief is that splitting the thread up would help others... and I am generally in favor of being helpful to others... but I am also struggling to document and follow my own chaotic train of thought.

scattering the pieces into different threads would not, I think, make that any easier for me. 🤕

141 - 160 of 169 Posts