Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
trying to remove the backrest off my 04 burgman.i got the screws out is there a trick to getting this thing to slide off please if anyone knows one pass it along my way please starting to get @#%^&*&*&^^$# at it

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
the only screws i see are the 2 pan head screws ive read there post n they all say look for the small screws there is no where a tiny screw there referring to .i wish i had a dang pic to look at cause im ready to torch this seat off but then ill burn my whole seat ive taken the light down and nothing mine has the little slide switch that un locks it but it comes to a screetching halt and nothing ive bought a new back rest but looks like ive wasted my money...GETTING FED UP

·
Premium Member
4,516 Posts
The pan-head sheet-metal screws that are screwed into the side of the tubes
near the end of the tubes ARE the 'stop' screws that need to come out.
Those 2 screws are the ONLY screws that you need to remove.
Once removed, hold the release lever that you use to slide the butt-stop
in & out, & slide the whole butt-stop assembly completely out of the seat.

·
Registered
1,664 Posts
Duster said:
The pan-head sheet-metal screws that are screwed into the side of the tubes
near the end of the tubes ARE the 'stop' screws that need to come out.
Those 2 screws are the ONLY screws that you need to remove.
Once removed, hold the release lever that you use to slide the butt-stop
in & out, & slide the whole butt-stop assembly completely out of the seat.
I agree 100% I got a 2 Bothers seat back and had the same problem....UNTIL I found those itty bitty tiny teensy weensy small screws in the the 2 slider tubes......!!!!! :cheers: :cheers:

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
WOW FEEL LIKE A CLUTS.found the screws had to use some pb blaster but there removed n backrest is gone ..thanks for your help Jim it's appreciated

·
Registered
1,664 Posts
feebleknievel said:
WOW FEEL LIKE A CLUTS.found the screws had to use some pb blaster but there removed n backrest is gone ..thanks for your help Jim it's appreciated
YUP...............They are a b i t c h to find...........!!!!!!!!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts