Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
425 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Guys,

I need some advice and help on deciding what kind of backrest I should buy. I am only 5'6 and I have already talked with Bearcat and he says that his backrests are for taller riders only.

So this leaves me with 2 options,

1. The Utopia Backrest ($199)
OR
2. Best Backrest from bestbackrest.com ($99)

Can you guys please give me some advice as to which one is better for my size and which one will still give my passenger enough room to ride comfortably on the back? Thanks!

·
Registered
1,060 Posts
I've only used the second and works well, see here for more feedback:

·
Registered
16 Posts
Backrest

I bought the backrest for my Buegman 650 from bestbackrests and am satisfied with it. It can be reshaped fairly easily in a vise so you can adjust it to suit yourself. Don't know about the Utopia.

·
Registered
425 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
Nice, it does seem to hinder passenger space a little though. I'm guessing the Utopia won't since it looks more compact?

·
Registered
1,113 Posts
I've got the BestBackrest for my 650 and I'm very happy with it. It gave me a couple of extra inches of legroom and, though it's stiff, it's flexible enough to make me very comfortable on long rides - just the right amount of pushback into the lower spine. Makes it very easy to stretch out while driving.

·
Registered
425 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks everyone for your advice, at this point I will go with the Utopia backrest and see how it does

1 - 6 of 6 Posts