Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
689 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone on this site installed the Suzuki backrest on there 650. I ask as I would like to know if it looks like the one I see on the 50th anniversary burg. What I want to know is if the back has the plastic cover like the backrest on the 400.

·
Registered
689 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks Allwalk. I was under the impresion that the back would be the same color as your bike as I have seen in some photo, I guess they much have had it painted to match there burg's. Has your second rider said anything about the angle, I have seen on the yahoo group were some have complained that the angle make it not rest flat agenst the back.

·
Registered
969 Posts
I installed mine about a week ago. Wife has ridden with it several times and absolutely loves it. She's about 5'2" and small built.

·
Registered
3,323 Posts
My passengers have said that they feel much more secure with the backrest there. The only time they seem to use it is if I make an agressive throttle input and catch them off guard and then the backrest comes into effect and gives them piece of mind. They all seem to be more at ease knowing that there is something there to prevent them from falling off.

·
Registered
10 Posts
I'm glad I got the Givi backrest as it also allows for an adapter plate to be made and used to also have a luggage rack. I made one out of 1/4" SS in the exact shape of the Givi mounting plate. Drill three holes in it per the Givi plate and then use it as base to weld on a rack. You might have to get longer bolts allowing for the extra 1/4"

1 - 7 of 7 Posts