Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi folks, Im in the process of fixing up some front end parts on my 03 burgman like the upper left top box that goes in the dashboard and the left front turn signal lens and some various screws.. Well I ordered these parts new from ron ayers website, who apparently gets the items right from suzuki.. I placed my order on march 16 and still haven't received the items! i called the past three mondays to ask what the status was and The first time I was told they would be arriving on april 9th from suzuki. And that date came and went so i called again and the guy said that suzuki never changed the date they were suppose to arrive and was still showing them to be arriving on the 9th and he had no other info and didn't know what to tell me..so here we are april 22 and i haven't been able to ride my bike all spring because of a **** turn signal! This is the first time ive had to order parts for this thing so im wondering if you experienced folks can tell me if its normal to have to wait over a month for a part as simple as a turn signal!? Or any other parts? :(

·
Premium Member
14,278 Posts
I would not say it is normal but it is not unusual. Folks like Ron Ayers don't keep a lot of stock on hand, they order from Suzuki's warehouse for many items. I've been told that warehouse is in California but can't confirm that. If the part they need in not on hand in the Suzuki warehouse then you have to wait while they get more from Japan. The warehouse post when they think the shipment will arrive but I've found that on the couple of instances when I've had to wait for parts from Japan the date is to be taken with a grain of salt. I needed an engine part when I rebuilt a cylinder head and the arrival date for it changed a couple of times before it finally arrived.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
ugh.. this sucks.. I cant believe a stupid turn signal is keeping me from riding during this beautiful spring weather we are having here on the east coast..And of course ebay has like 3 different right side turn signals but no left sides at all!!! ****!

·
Premium Member
11,296 Posts
well get any left turn unit and lash it up to get you riding. :wink:

·
Premium Member
355 Posts
Every time I go to get a part from the Suzuki dealer,,, they have to order them... They usually get there in a week... Great support... Same crap on this side of the pond,,, Norman...

·
Registered
302 Posts
Didn't I see something on this forum about LED front turn signals? Would those suit your purposes? :?:

·
Registered
319 Posts
Norman's right! Get somne sort of amber light, wire it in, and duct tape it to the tupperware if you need to! Or just use hand signals....

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I ended up finally finding a used left front signal from some random used parts dealer.. So in the end i cancelled the order from ron ayers/ suzuki... i pity anyone who ends up needing a front left turn signal for there burgman! good luck!

·
Registered
161 Posts
there all a week got lucky 1 time n got em in a few days from partzilla.com partzilla is usally a few bucks cheaper than anyone else so that kinda takes the sting out of waiting :)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts