Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all..

This is Dragut from Turkey, Istanbul.

Burgmanusa seems to be the right place in this planet for Burgman owners.. so, I'm happy to join the group. Never knew there were so many Burgman owners in the states.. actually, didn't htink there were so many bikers there, that didn't ride Harleys..

Had a bunch of bikes 'til today.. the Burgman 400 K5 is my last one.

Never thought I'd love this bike, and I still don't. :)
This is a marriage of the mind, not of the heart.

Cheers.

D.

·
Registered
4,876 Posts

Cheers.

D.
Welcome Dragut, from Los Angeles, CA. We have a lot of different riders here, but yes, Harley seems to dominate.

So if you don't love your b400 k5 and owned many bikes previously, what bike do you love?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thank you for the welcome, Jesse.

Having recently sold my Ducati ST4s, I can say I did not love that bike either. :)

I believe Vespa Granturismo GT200/250/300 is a great bike. Owned a GT200 for three years. Still regret selling that bike. It was a bit small for a city this big. Definitely, it was not worth selling it for the Ducati.

I also have a love/hate relation with KTMs.. Had two LC4 640s. Good bikes, great acceleration, great handling, zero comfort.

Looking for something not too heavy, agile and cheap to run. Maybe a Honda NC700 in the future..

Are you happy with the 650?

·
Registered
4,876 Posts
Thank you for the welcome, Jesse.

Having recently sold my Ducati ST4s, I can say I did not love that bike either. :)

I believe Vespa Granturismo GT200/250/300 is a great bike. Owned a GT200 for three years. Still regret selling that bike. It was a bit small for a city this big. Definitely, it was not worth selling it for the Ducati.

I also have a love/hate relation with KTMs.. Had two LC4 640s. Good bikes, great acceleration, great handling, zero comfort.

Looking for something not too heavy, agile and cheap to run. Maybe a Honda NC700 in the future..

Are you happy with the 650?
Doesn't sound like you have ever really found a bike that fits all your needs. Albeit your needs sound very diverse (Vespa to KTM to Ducati is a lot to cover).

I absolutely love both my bikes, b400 & b650. The 400 is a joy to ride, in every respect, and the 650 is just more to love. You'll find a lot of Burgman lovers on this site.

Hope you can find you two-wheeled amour someday. : )

·
Registered
1,468 Posts
Dragut, welcome to the forum. You will find that most people on this forum do like there Burgmans vary much. To buy a bike that you do not like really doesn't make much sense. If the only reason you have your Burgman 400 is because it is agile and cheap to run you would save even more with a 250. I do hope you can find a bike you will like someday. Until you do, you will find any information and help you need to keep your Burgman running well here on the Burgmanusa forum.

·
Registered
1,664 Posts
Hi all..

This is Dragut from Turkey, Istanbul.

Burgmanusa seems to be the right place in this planet for Burgman owners.. so, I'm happy to join the group. Never knew there were so many Burgman owners in the states.. actually, didn't htink there were so many bikers there, that didn't ride Harleys..

Cheers.

D.
I have been to your beautiful city - Toured the underground cisterns - Delicious Turkish coffee - Bought a Turkish carpet & drank apple tea - Went to both the Grand Bazaar and the Spice Bazaar - Took a riverboat ride - Went to the Harley-Davidson dealer - Excellent food and wonderful yogurt - Bought jewelry for the Mrs. - Friendly people and great food.. and would return in a flash!!! Only problem was......the money!!! 8 million "somethings" to the $1.00 Hahahahahahahahaha ;);)

·
Registered
1,116 Posts
Welcome Dragut from Kentucky. I too have visited your beautiful country back in the late 1970's. Wonderful people. And no, there are other motorcycles here in the USA than Harleys (although I had one back in my youth).

Namaste'
Doug in Kentucky

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I have been to your beautiful city - Toured the underground cisterns - Delicious Turkish coffee - Bought a Turkish carpet & drank apple tea - Went to both the Grand Bazaar and the Spice Bazaar - Took a riverboat ride - Went to the Harley-Davidson dealer - Excellent food and wonderful yogurt - Bought jewelry for the Mrs. - Friendly people and great food.. and would return in a flash!!! Only problem was......the money!!! 8 million "somethings" to the $1.00 Hahahahahahahahaha ;);)
v8eyedoc, looking at the pictures, I presume you have been around here in the early 2000s?

Things have changed recently! 1USD is only 2 Turkish Lira now. Somehow, dunno how, we got rid of all those zeros. I still keep a few "million banknotes" and a screenshot of my bank account for memory. I was a billionaire back then. :)

Apart from that, everything is still the same -except the call for prayer.. It's getting louder and louder. But won't bug you unless you have a mosque 50 meters away from where you're stayin'. It's just five times a day! :)

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Welcome Dragut from Kentucky. I too have visited your beautiful country back in the late 1970's. Wonderful people. And no, there are other motorcycles here in the USA than Harleys (although I had one back in my youth).

Namaste'
Doug in Kentucky
Doug,

Once I was dreaming of a tour of US on a map, from east to west and then up north then back to NY. Then I realized the US was not just a country, but a continent(!), and this trip would be something like 10.000 miles. :)

I know it's doable, but the country seemed too big to me for motorcycling..

Anyway, Harley's are quite popular here too.. and since long a time. This is my family, from 1937.

I think it is a flathead what grandpa had, with sidecar.

Me, I'll stick to my Burgman for some time.

·
Registered
1,113 Posts
Once I was dreaming of a tour of US on a map, from east to west and then up north then back to NY. Then I realized the US was not just a country, but a continent(!), and this trip would be something like 10.000 miles. :)

I know it's doable, but the country seemed too big to me for motorcycling..
There's an old saying that has a lot of truth: Americans think 100 years is a long time, Europeans think 100 miles is a great distance. If I want to see some human construction that's a thousand years old, I'll have to go to Mexico to see Mayan ruins. Yet it's 19 hours on the Interstate Highway to grandma's house and we took the kids a couple of times a year without thinking it unusual. We left after work on Friday, swapped drivers through the night, and arrived for lunch on Saturday.

Let's see how a 4-corners Tour would look on Google Earth: From my house near Tampa, FL to Phil and Brynn's place in Encino, CA is 35 hours and 2,536mi/4,081km. From there to Lex's place in Seattle, WA is 17 hours and 1,142mi/1837km. From there to Linda and Roy in Chicago,IL would be 30 hours and 2,098mi/3,376km. From there to Tina's place in Lewiston, ME is 17 hours and 1,121mi/1,804km. Back home from there would be a final 22 hours and 1,464mi/2,356km. That's a total of 8,361mi/13,455km.

But that means your trip will be almost entirely on the Interstate. Those roads are marvels of engineering and the Burgman will handle them easily, but they're not nearly as much fun as the twisty backroads. Instead of trying to see the whole place at once, pick an area and establish a "base camp" - get a cabin to live in and tour the area. We have a BUNCH of different environments to explore! Pick out something you really WANT to do and you'll be inundated with suggestions from other forum members who've been there! Plan your vacation around a big rally and you'll be joined by all sorts of folks.

And if you really do want to do the Grand Tour, read the following from the IronButt Association. These folks do that sort of riding all the time and have compiled a list of 29 riding tips for those who wish to participate.

http://www.ironbutt.com/tech/aowprintout.cfm

1 - 11 of 11 Posts