Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After a few years of not riding I decided to get back out there. Always had a bike from 16yo to 55yo. Now at almost 63 I picked up a 2018 Suzuki Bergman 650 Exec, no mileage. About 650 miles in I'm loving it, I'm trying to change the oil though for the first time and removing all the plastic bits is kind of annoying. Any suggestions? Videos out there? YouTube mostly has the older models.

·
Premium Member
3,143 Posts
Reactions: Uncle Fester

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
You're right it did help, I looked a lot of this over including how to properly cajole/pound on the "tupperware" (new expression to be but seems appropriate), managed to get the things I needed exposed, switched out the oil filter and changed the oil, took it for a spin and all seems well. Unfortunately I did end up with three little screws left over but nothing was loose or dangling. Success!!

·
Premium Member
8,166 Posts
I've never worked on an 18, but my 15 doesn't need any tupperware removed for oil and filter change, just open the oil fill access door

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Do you have it up on a stand? Sure would be nice if I can access all and I didn't have to risk braking off tabs and leaving out screws every 4,000mi.

·
Premium Member
8,166 Posts
just put it on the center stand , so the drain pan fits under , the oil filter and the drain plug can be accessed without removing anything. The filter may be (will be ) difficult until you put a k&n filter with a nut on it (the nut is for removing, not for tightening) unfortunately the tupperware has to come off for the other two oil changes (final drive and transmission/drive/ whatever it is)

·
Premium Member
8,166 Posts
lets have a look at those screws, maybe we can help you figure where they go

1 - 7 of 7 Posts