Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm about 5'11" and starting to wonder more about how the stock window affects all of you regards to buffet, fresh air inlet to your helmet etc at both city and highway speeds! Have some of you found you wanted a different style/height/shaped window because of this?

Would appreciate your opinions and thoughts!

Pat

·
Registered
37 Posts
On the early B650 I owned I was very happy with a Laminar Lip. It really smoothed out the buffetting. They are specific as to application.

·
Premium Member
8,333 Posts
Google X-creen

·
Registered
53 Posts
Clearview shield of Colorado. Have had it for 10+ years. My brother even buys now for his Goldwing / F6B's. Has a tapered top, widens to cover the grips (great for rain and cold weather), vent, tinted, etc.

Reactions: Patrick8429

·
Registered
375 Posts
There's a lot of solutions that seem dependent on how tall you are and the conditions you ride in. And how much you're willing to spend to tinker with the problem. I have the GIvi screen with an MRA windscreen extender on top. With a lot of experimenting, I've found a way to get enough breeze on hot days without too much buffeting, although if I'm riding into a really strong wind I will still get slammed around a bit. The choice of helmet seems to matter as well, as I switched from an L2 convertible to an AGV convertible that has a much bigger chin skirt and neck roll, and is much quieter.

I wish there was a cut and dried solution, but what works for one person doesn't always work for someone else.

·
Premium Member
14,257 Posts
My opinion is that most of the buffeting is from air coming around the sides of the screen not over the top. My reasoning is based on this. I have an Executive and with the stock screen I had buffeting whether the screen was in it's lowest position or highest position or anywhere between. In the lowest position I was looking over it and in the highest I was looking through it.

I replaced it with a Clearview that is about an inch higher. I still look over the top of it in the lowest position and of course through it in the highest. But the buffeting is greatly decreased in either position or anywhere between.

A big difference in the Clearview is that it is wider. So the air coming around the sides is deflected further out away from my body. I think that is what reduces the buffeting.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Buffalo....Thanks for the info. I’m trying to figure out if I should get a full size Cleaview or Givi ...OR... just get a laminar lip type attachment to the top of the existing window as both a cheaper option as well as “some” airflow, which I still want. The airflow is important to me riding in the heat of Las Vegas.

·
Registered
889 Posts
Do you have a top box? This makes a big difference air comes over the screen and the top box turns it back and it whacks you in the back. Standard hazard on any bike really but different screens can offset this. But any screen unless it is above eye level will cause buffeting

·
Premium Member
14,257 Posts
Buffalo....Thanks for the info. I’m trying to figure out if I should get a full size Cleaview or Givi ...OR... just get a laminar lip type attachment to the top of the existing window as both a cheaper option as well as “some” airflow, which I still want. The airflow is important to me riding in the heat of Las Vegas.
With the Clearview you can get a vent to let air through. Also gets pretty warm here in North Texas so the vent is important to me. If you have an Executive when you raise the screen all the way up you also get airflow under it. Sounds counter intuitive but I ride with the screen all the way down in the winter for better protection. In the summer I ride with it all the way up to get air flow under the screen especially on my hands.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts