Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm hoping some who have owned both bikes will chime in here. I'm wondering how the Burgmans rear suspension compares to that of the silver wing.
I know the silver wings suspensions is very bouncy and unsettled when riding two up. The Burgmans weight capacity is 50lbs more than the silver wing. I'm wondering if this makes the burgman better two up. Or did the lawyers at Honda just decide to go with a lower weight capacity, and the burg and honda both suffer from the same scooter suspension woes.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Having owned both makes, I would say that the burger handles better two-up but tends to be affected by side winds slightly more than the honda I think this is because the pillion sits a little higher and further back than on the honda. As for solo work, the burger knocks spots off the honda as my scraped bodywork will prove. The honda only has a single front yoke and ties itself in knots if you really push! Hope this helps.

·
Registered
86 Posts
We own both motorbikes in discussion here, love them both for differing reasons. The Burgman in my opinion is a much more stable machine in the twisties if you are pushing it a little harder than most, or if you have a passenger on the back. The down side is it rides almost as bad as a Sportster when riding solo, not such a good thing, in my humble opinion. The Silverwing on the other hand is much kinder to your body if riding solo, but does tend to wallow in the curves a bit if your going a bit faster than just cruisin through. I would add though that the wing is much more owner friendly to service, in my opinion.

·
Registered
340 Posts
I've had the Silverwing before and now have the B650Ex. The Silverwing suspension seems to be a little better than the B650 if the highway/freeway gets a bit bumpy. IMO: On smooth surface highway/freeway the B650 feels much more comfortable. Both the Wing and the Burg are good bikes and can cruise at an indicated 80+mph all day. Riding 2 up, the B650 feels more comfortable; although, the Wing had enough power to easily ride two up.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts