Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

21 - 25 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
289 Posts
The Diablos I got from BikeBandit in March had the following build dates for 4317 and 2918. So they were still making them July of 2018.

·
Registered
13 Posts
I have bought two sets of Pirelli Diablos in a row for my 2013 AN400 and plan to stick with them indefinitely. They're cheaper than the Hoops, are extremely sticky, and wear well. On the first set I got 10,000 miles on the rear and 12,000 miles on the front. I keep pressure at 30 psi in front and 35 psi in the rear. I am a spirited rider (if not overly aggressive) and have never lost traction on wet or dry surfaces. Handling of any tire, of course, is subjective, but I'm satisfied.

Don't buy the inexpensive Michelin Power Pure tires. Relatively inexpensive but you get what you pay for. Only got 7,000 miles on a set, front and rear. Considering the the high labor cost of changing them, they were a lousy value.
I'm thinking going with the same choice for my 2018. Did you get the bias ply or the radial?
https://www.cokertire.com/blog/tire-size-cross-reference

·
Registered
689 Posts
I'm thinking going with the same choice for my 2018. Did you get the bias ply or the radial?
Bias Ply and Radial Tire Size Cross Reference Chart
My post is an old one. I have since moved on to an AN650, which uses different tires. I recently tried replacing the rear one with a Shinko bias ply, the first time I have done so with a bike (based on LeDude's recommendation) and am very pleased with it so far. It costs half of what the SBR did, and seems to be wearing well.

I only used SBRs on my AN400.

·
Registered
1,345 Posts
Are you going to add 90 degree valve stems? That's the first thing I'm going to do on my first tire replacement. Pain in the butt trying to fill the tires.

Reactions: Dave_J

·
Registered
1,378 Posts
Discussion Starter #25
The angled aluminum bolt-on valve stems are very convenient. I had one that hit something when I installed the wheels...I think it was the rear that contacted the brake caliper when pointing to the right. Fortunately it was loose enough that i was able just to spin it around and it stayed tight.

21 - 25 of 25 Posts